Logo

125 Force ignition problems

D

Doug Walker

" I was just wondering if anyo

" I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me besides getting a new engine. I have a 1985 125 Force. The problem I'm having is the engine will barely crank and when it does the batter cables to the ignition switch get so hot the rubber starts to melt. I think the starter has gone and I have one on order. Also, when I have to plugs out the engine turns no problem. Well, if anyone has any advice for me please let me know. "

"Doug.... The Force engine is

"Doug.... The Force engine is not my line of expertise, however your problem is typical of a wire or cable that is either wired improperly or has a loose or corroded connection somewhere. Did this engine starting system ever work as it should, and this problem has just surfaced, or did you just get this engine and discover that this problem existed right off the bat...or have you changed something, then had this problem take place?

Joe
"

" I have not used the engine i

" I have not used the engine in a few years and right before I stopped using it the starter would seem to struggle to crank the engine and then it would turn over. I never noticed the heat on the cable until it would not turn over. Also, when I did have the engine working sometimes the teeth on the starter would not lift right away to make contact with the flywheel. Thanks for getting back to me. "

Back