Logo

TILTTRIM PARTS

tazzman

"I HAVE A 1977, 70HP JOHNSON.I

"I HAVE A 1977, 70HP JOHNSON.I NEED A TILT PUMP FOR IT.ITS NOT POWER TILT IT IS A PUMP TYPE.I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS MADE BY A COMPANY CALLED DOLE.I HAVE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS OR KNOW OF A POWER TILT AND TRIM I CAN REPLACE IT WITH.THANKS"

"That system was common for ma

"That system was common for many, many years and fits three and four cylinder engines. You should have no problem at all finding a good previously enjoyed factory system. Check with your local dealer. You may end up with a complete dead horse from his boneyard with a good PT/T system on it which can be scavenged.

Make sure you get the wiring harness with it.

Good luck,
Rick"

"There was also a tilt only un

"There was also a tilt only unit ,NOT TRIM. describe your unit.Does it have one or two cylinders??"

Thanks for your input I need a

Thanks for your input I need all the help I can get.It has two cylinders and one of them is broke.The piston is broke at the bracket. Thanks ssparky

"I'm saying that your 1977

"I'm saying that your 1977 70 hp Johnson used the same PT/T system as all other OMC 3 and 4 cylinder motors through 1985, and later on some models. If you have an aftermarket system it is unlikely any of the parts from the OEM sysyem will interchange. In my opinion you are better off to abandon your aftermarket system and find a good used factory system from a blown up motor. You should be able to find a complete mid-section for a couple hunderd bucks or less that will have all of the components needed to get your engine up and running. Here's one I found on E-bay in about ten seconds.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-TRIM-AND-TILT-UNIT-JOHNSON-EVINRUDE-3-DAY-S ALE_W0QQitemZ4598436521QQcategoryZ50439QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

This system will bolt up to your engine.

I'm sure there are many more to be found. Like I mentioned earlier, make sure you ger the wiring harness to go with it if you don't already have one.

Good luck
Rick"

"Is the system an "externa

"Is the system an "external" type or is the entire system mounted between the transom brackets(with 3 cylinders, 2 trim and one tilt)????"

Thanks for the web site Ill tr

Thanks for the web site Ill try to find one there.The man that has that one said it would not fit for some reason.

I believe your unit is TILT on

I believe your unit is TILT only.One cylinder is a shock absorber.It is that simple.

Back