Logo

94 Evinrude 150 turn key and nothing

94ranger

Yesterday I went fishing when

Yesterday I went fishing when I lounched the boat it started like normal. I idle to one spot shut down motor and fished for 30 minutes. When I tried to start it nothing would happen. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thanks

"1 - Possibly the neutral safe

"1 - Possibly the neutral safety switch is slightly out of adjustment.... jiggle the control handle slightly forward and backwards. If the engine attempts to crank over, this is the problem.

2 - There is a main fuse in one of the smaller red lines at the starter solenoid, about three inches away from the solenoid. This fuse may have blown for some reason (it happens).

3 - The lead at the "S" (solenoid) terminal of the ignition switch may be loose or broken at some point.

4 - The starter solenoid ground, leading from the solenoid to the powerhead, may be loose/dirty/broken. Also the solenoid may be faulty.

5 - Finally, and hopefully not, the starter may have failed."

"I got the motor to crank this

"I got the motor to crank this weekend. You have to put the throttle into gear just past neutral.
I am guessing it has something to do with the neutral safety switch or the cable adjustment.
Does anyone have any ideas.
Thanks,"

Back