Logo

Considering a purchase of boat with Lehmans

jtm3

"Considering a purchase of boa

"Considering a purchase of boat with Lehmans. How many engine hours are reasonable before rebuild? My impression is that Lehman is still a well supported engine. Comment? Thanks.

Joe, I moved your message to this location as a "new" post.
Andrew - MarineEngine.com
"

"Joe,

Opinions on hours bet

"Joe,

Opinions on hours between overhaul will vary. A lot depends on actual operating rpm and the type of regular maintenance done between overhauls.

Regarding support, it seems that this not much support in the US for Ford Lehman engines. I only know of one source for parts located in Virginia.

There must still be quite a lot of Ford Lehmans in use, but support seems to be slim."

I would suggest disregarding t

I would suggest disregarding the engine hours and rely on expert mechanical diagnosis.

"Having a hard time bleeding o

"Having a hard time bleeding out the final filters on engine. Having to use off brand filters, can not keep them from leaking either diesel or air. These have 5 gaskets, but don,t know which ones to use? Can you help? Thanx in advance Bill"

there are 2 different size ga

there are 2 different size gasket big and biger the biger of the 2 goes in top filter housing
common error

Considering a boat with twin 1

Considering a boat with twin 120 hp Lehman diesels with about 3500 hrs. Suggestions on what to do to check the engines out before purchasing an extremely heavy anchor.

"I have a 135hp Ford Lehman w/

"I have a 135hp Ford Lehman w/approx 3600 hrs, in a 1986 Albin 36 Trawler, purchased in February 07'. I would like to have a source for Parts. Brough the boat up from Beaufort N.C. with engine running at 2300 RPM and a water temp of approx. 195 all the way to New Jersey.
Lately the engine temp is 205 + at 2300 rpm and drops to 195 at 2200 rpm. Where should I start looking? At any one place to start, or a series of places? I read the reports for the Ford Lehman Diesel marineengine.com and they have tried everything with no results. Please advise."

Looking at a boat displacement

Looking at a boat displacement 29000 LWL 38. Twin Lehman 135 SP (turbo). What RPM to stay just below hull speed. What likely GPH for both engines at that RPM. Is that enough to keep the cylinders clean or what RPM run up necessary to keep clean.

Many thanks

Back