Logo

b95 Evinrude Vindicator 200 hp STLEOA

B

billyg

" Hello Joe and Readers,

" Hello Joe and Readers,

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about this motor which is mounted on a 20' Blazer Bass Boat, 25" Raker prop. The motor purrs like a kitten, and performance is outstanding. Hole shot is good, and 5600 rpm is easily achieved with trim n tilt. I have no owners manual as of yet.
I realize these may be 'loaded' questions, but I am looking for a 'rule of thumb' type guideline.

1) What is a good consistent operating range *RPM* for 'cruising'? Im not a speed demon, but 'cruising' @ 50 mph is nice

2) What octane level fuel would you recommend?
ie regular or super unleaded?

3) What would be an acceptable water pressure at idle and cruising?
(for determining water pump functionality)

4) For future purposes, an average expectation for cylinder compression pressures?

Again, I realize these may be off the wall questions, but I'd greatly appreciate your contributions.

Thank you,
Billy G "

"Bill.... Cruising range (

"Bill.... Cruising range (rpm) is generally looked upon as obtaining full throttle, then dropping back to approximately 3/4 throttle. That initially sets the throttle wide open and the spark advance at full. The dropping back to 3/4 leaves the spark advance at full, but backs off the throttle butterfly on all cylinders drastically thustly reducing the fuel flow but not a drastic drop in speed.

The octane rating at 87 is acceptable. You could try the other octane ratings if you like to compare power output differences if any. The one item where quality counts in the oil. I'd suggest you use a good quality marine dealership oil.

The other questions I really have no answer to.

Joe
"

Back