Logo

8v71 wont start

W

William Kulhanek

my marine 8v71 wont start when

my marine 8v71 wont start when you crank it it fires once oer twice and thats it.I have changed the fuel filters and checked the fuelbut no luck.I have tried cranking it for 1 or 2 minutes
PLEASE HELP BILL

"have you primed the fuel syst

"have you primed the fuel system ? check the emerg shut down on top of the blower,dose it sound like the batterys are turning the engine as fast as it used to,pull a valve cover and chek for a stuck injector, inj rack should be in."

Marv; please help with a littl

Marv; please help with a little more detail on priming the fuel system.I was told the 8v71 would prime itself .also wat does the emerg shutoff look like.sure sounds like one of your suggestions will work thanks much Bill

"to prime engine ,look at seco

"to prime engine ,look at secondary fuel filter head,there will be a 1/4 in plug and next to it should say {in}. you need to screw a hose in there with a hand pump and hose comeing out to a can of fuel,now pump fuel through filter at least a qt. remove all start. the emerg shut down if your engine has one sets on top of the blower, it will have a handle on the one side and cam on the other side, try moveing handle if it moves push intill it locks with the cam. hope this helps"

Marv; your instructions where

Marv; your instructions where right on .The emergence shutdown had been tripped. I reset it per your instructions and it fired right up . Thanks a milliom. BILL

Back