Logo

Johnson presurrized fuel line

dklaycock

"I just purchased a 1982 7.5 H

"I just purchased a 1982 7.5 HP Johnson to use as a kicker. It uses the older two line fuel system. I need to purchase the fuel line and fittings (which are readily available). Do I also need a special tank or can I attach the fittings to one of my regular 5 gal tanks? Thanks, Kerry"

"Kerry,

Take another look.

"Kerry,

Take another look. Johnson has not used the two line fuel system since 1958. If it in fact does use this system, it is much older than you think. Your best bet is to check e-bay. This tank and hose are one assembly and must be used this way. You can not convert the two line motor to run on a single line system(Safely).

Post the model # and someone here will give you the details on what you have.

Good luck
Rick"

"Rick, thanks for the response

"Rick, thanks for the response. Perhaps I described it incorrectly. This is the fuel line it needs. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_ num=71735&fcat=

I don't have the serial number here (I'm at work) but I did check it on a Johnson site and am sure it is an '82

All I know is that it doesn't fit the Merc fittings I use with my Force. (And now that you know I have an old Force motor, you know why I need a back-up motor!)

thanks again, Kerry"

"That is a single line hose. I

"That is a single line hose. It would be easy to make a short adaptor to go from a FORCE fitting to the OMC motor.Force male on one end, and OMC female on the other."

Back