Logo

5hp Sea King Montgomery Ward

riboater

Hi I just got this outboard an

Hi I just got this outboard and was looking for any info anyone might have. The MODEL# 669013A
SERIAL# 55x576892
Is it a 66' I got it going for about 45 sec and then wore out my arm.

i heard parts from johnson of

i heard parts from johnson of same year and hp. will work. i have one too 5hp sea king 61

"got an OLD 7 1/2 hp Sea King,

"got an OLD 7 1/2 hp Sea King, got it running, but need info on lubrication, etc. Any ideas on where to go for parts? MWards doesn't handle any more. Thanks"

"RH,

Do you have the model

"RH,

Do you have the model number? Some of the MW Sea King motors were made by GALE and certain parts for those motors are available from Johnson/Evinrude dealers or aftermarket suppliers.

Some Sea King motors were made by Chrysler.

You should post the model number so someone can detirmine what motor you have."

I have a 5hp Montgomery Wards/

I have a 5hp Montgomery Wards/Sea King and I am trying to set my points. Tried to set them but don't know if I am doing it right. Do you set them in the starting position or the stop position? Model #94gg9014a anybody with a suggestion?

Sorry can't help you I can

Sorry can't help you I can't get my going for more than 10sec. I have teeth missing I think. It skips alot while tryin to start. Any ideas anyone?

My motor runs am to checking t

My motor runs am to checking to see if my points are gapped right.

Points are set at .020" an

Points are set at .020" and the spark plug gap is .030

"I have completely overhauled

"I have completely overhauled with new fuel lines, filters, screens, rebuilt the carb, new spark plugs, and I am using 24:1 fuel. The motor cranks on the fisrt pull but once I adjust the speed knob the motor speeds up and slows down and so on I am aslo trying to adjust the carb but nothing happens. Regapped the points, also sparyed engine tuner waited overnight restarted engine and basicly ran the same but had moments were it ran fine, but it stills surges. To me it sounds like I have been getting bad gas lately. I am using regular gas only. Also been using Lucas 2-cycle oil tcw3 and stabil in the gas. Ran a compression check on the motor and the top spark plug hole had 80 and the bottom had 75 I don't know much about outboard motor sa are these numbers ok for a 1949 montgomery wards/sea king(94gg9014a). Or do you think that I should tare the engine down and but new rings? Or just trash the motor?"

I have a 1961 Sea King 5hp and

I have a 1961 Sea King 5hp and I have been looking all over for carburator parts. I just found a lawn mower service shop that has the parts. My cousin is the parts guy there and says Lawn Boy manufactured these motors for OMC. Thought it might help someone. Thanks.

"I have a old sea king 5hp run

"I have a old sea king 5hp runs great, but waterpump bad, i need help on finding parts and finding out what year it is model#gg18736b serial# 16x821994 thanks"

"GG-18736B is a 5HP from 1961

"GG-18736B is a 5HP from 1961 made by GALE MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS.

I believe most of the parts will be the same as for a Johnson/Evinrude of the same year... but it looks like the Johnson/Evinrude models that year were 5.5HP not 5HP. I don't know if a 1961 5.5 J/E was the same as a 5HP GALE. Maybe someone else here knows...

For waterpump parts see waterpump application guide."

"i took the 4 bolts out of the

"i took the 4 bolts out of the bottom foot to get to the water pump,it comes down about 1 inch and stops ,what do i do to get it the rest of the way off please help, thank you"

Is the sea king Montgomery War

Is the sea king Montgomery Ward Model 94GG9014A
a 4 cycle or a 2 cycle? it's from the 50's
ron

i just bought a montgomnery wa

i just bought a montgomnery ward 5 hp Model 94GG9014A motor ad they guy i bought it from said he had it running for 20 minutes and everything was a ok. The lean/prime dial was bent so i unscrewed to fix and and when screwing it in it stops and i dont know have times it suppose to be unscrewed to set the knob any guesses
Ron

"I have a Sea King 5hp, I beli

"I have a Sea King 5hp, I believe is a 1968. The model # is GG18801A. Anyone know who made this motor? Lou"

I have a Sea King five with a

I have a Sea King five with a model number GG9001C Can any one tell me what year it was made and who made it?

"Todd, should have started a n

"Todd, should have started a new discussion - you could have got lost here

You have a 1956, twin cylinder, made for Montgomery Wards by Gale.

Gale was a division of OMC (Johnson/Evinrude) until they scrapped the line.

The Gale model (OMC sales) of this motor would have been a Buccanner 5S12B."

"Does anyone know is my Sea Ki

"Does anyone know is my Sea King GG18736B models water cooled or air cooled. Where is the water pump, how does the water exit the engine? There is exhaust coming from the exhaust port, is water to come out the same port? I don't want to burn it out. Thank you. Does anyone know where I can obtain an owners manual?"

I have a sea king mdl J2001106

I have a sea king mdl J2001106a anyone know the gas oil mixture? 5 hp

I just picked up a 5hp montgom

I just picked up a 5hp montgomery ward outboard. model #35GG-9015A. serial #479905. Can anybody tell me the year and manufacturer. I wanted to go through it before I tried starting it. Need some pointers as this is my lst outboard. Any help would be appreciated. Also where I might pick up a owners manual.

"That's a 1953 model, twin

"That's a 1953 model, twin cylinder, 5 horse built by Gale (OMC built). The equavalent Gale model would have been the Buccaneer model 5D10.

You might find an owners manual at www.discount-marine-parts.com - parts may be difficult to come by - OMC's Gale line was built mostly for discount/hardware stores who branded them under their various store names, but it did share a fair number of parts with the Johnson's and Evinrudes in the same time period...."

"Graham, thanks for the info.

"Graham, thanks for the info. Didn't realize there was two cylinders to the moter. I also have the same issue that Craig has with his 7 1/2 hp motor. An open throat to the carb."

I have Sea King 5 hp from MW a

I have Sea King 5 hp from MW around a 55. Having problem with gas leaking from the bowl. How does the cork float affect the flow of gas? Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?
Model # is G09001C

"I have a 5Hp Sportfisher. It&

"I have a 5Hp Sportfisher. It's a single cyl. air cooled model. I have two questions. First, I have looked all over the motor, housing and everywhere for a model number. The only number I can find is on a tag on the block.
T-643-05
Secondly, which may be related to first. The carb. needs a kit. Is there a way of getting carb. kits and parts without knowing the engine model number. Thanks John L."

I recently purchased a 5hp Sea

I recently purchased a 5hp Sea King from Montgomery Wards. The motor does not work. Does anyone know the year and manufacturer? Where can I find a service manual for this motor?

Back