Logo

5hp Sea King Montgomery Ward

Re: I recently purchased a 5hp Sea

Hello I just joined.
I have a 5Hp MW Sea King #GG8960a or GG896CA?
Can you tell me what year it is and what manual i should get?
Thanks mucho!

Year is 57. Made by Gale for Wards. I would think that the Seloc manual for OMC would be enough. Or you could try discountmarine. There is another source for manuals that you may find by reading previous posts (sorry I can't recall it off hand).

Re: "Graham, Thank you for the inf

seems i might have found the right person to help me with the two seakings that i have. (1)serial#293897 model 94GG-9014A.(2)serial#557161 model45GG-9014A.so far i have not found these specific numbers.some have come close.any info would be greatly apprec.

I realize this is an old post, but it looks unanswered... 94GG-9014A is a 1949/50 5hp. The 45GG-9014A is a 1954 5hp. Not much, but I hope it's a start..

I have a 1967 Sea King 6hp Chrysler built if my research is correct. model number vwb27906a. When I picked it up I mixed twc3 and fuel 50:1 which I believe is correct for that motor. Only to find a bent prop shaft and
ruined seals. Found all my parts through Discount Marine, but no one in my area will work on it, so I've picked up a Sealoc manual, and used to be an engine overhaul tech for autos (25 yrs.) How much trouble am I heading
into if I try to fix this myself?

I have a 1967 Sea King 6hp Chrysler built if my research is correct. model number vwb27906a. When I picked it up I mixed twc3 and fuel 50:1 which I believe is correct for that motor. Only to find a bent prop shaft and
ruined seals. Found all my parts through Discount Marine, but no one in my area will work on it, so I've picked up a Sealoc manual, and used to be an engine overhaul tech for autos (25 yrs.) How much trouble am I heading
into if I try to fix this myself?

Back