Logo

290A Leg Vibration

philorden

"Following 6-8weeks of no use

"Following 6-8weeks of no use started up my AQAD31A and brought up to temp, pushed off my mooring and noticed lots of vibration on the steering, checked prop etc all ok but the leg is vibrating badly. Topped up hydraulics to no avail. I have a draining tidal mooring and can only assume that the boat has come down awkwardly and done some damage as it was fine last time out - any ideas..?"

You may have bent the prop sha

You may have bent the prop shaft or the prop may be out of wack. Take the prop off and send it to a prop shop to check it and check the run out on shaft.

If the drive is 'shaking&#

If the drive is 'shaking' it might be the actuator valve on the power steering. On the older version there is a grease fitting that most people forget.

"Thanks for the prompt replies

"Thanks for the prompt replies gentlemen, I have checked the prop and it's as new.

I will get the maintenance manual out and check the 'actuator valve' - is this part of the trim n tilt mechanism..?"

"The valve is in the power ste

"The valve is in the power steering cylinder.
Take off the pump belt and start. If vibrations stop, that is where the problem is. It might even be a sticking steering cable that does not let the valve find its 'neutral' position."

Back