Logo

What year is my motor

"Hi I just purchased a 20hp me

"Hi I just purchased a 20hp mercury, the ser# is OD217003, would you be able to tell me what year it is, and where i could get a manual for it?

Thanks steven"

"Hello,
Mercury 2 stroke 35 H

"Hello,
Mercury 2 stroke 35 HP Oil Injected outboard.
Serial # OB205529
Have done online look ups and this serial # appears nowhere.
Need Manuals and Parts, just don't know the year.
Engine runs well but needs some work."

"Hello,
I have a Mariner 30 E

"Hello,
I have a Mariner 30 ELO 689 L 420705.
What year is this?

Thanks"

"Hello,

I have a Mariner 4

"Hello,

I have a Mariner 4 ML
6 EO L 332722
What year?

Thanks
Patrick
Belgium"

"Hi Graham, looking for the ye

"Hi Graham, looking for the year on my Mercury?
Its a 3.6hp, ser # 6191639

Also looking for the fuel/oil ratio.
Thanks for the help...Jeff"

"Jeff, that's a 1982 model

"Jeff, that's a 1982 model. Mix at 50:1 - regular unleaded and Marine TCW3 rated oil..."

"Thanks Graham, any idea as to

"Thanks Graham, any idea as to where I can get a manuel?
I want to change the lower unit oil, but there are no vent and drain plugs?"

"Graham, I was hoping you coul

"Graham, I was hoping you could help me with this.
Hi. I was told it was a 1985. It is a 1150. Can you share some pros and cons and any other knowledge about this motor, please. Serial# is 3763434 Mercury. Thanks, MIKE"

"Can I find out what year my m

"Can I find out what year my motor is and also a good manuel. I brought m boat up to colorado from Florida and it doesn,t seem to run right I think I need to re jet but not sure so any thoughts would be welcomed aswell. The SN I took off the mounting plate was SN 0d267717 I was told when I bought it that it was the first year of the oil injected 40 hp 4 cylender. Any help will ,well, help thanks."

"Sorry guys - been busy...

"Sorry guys - been busy...

Mike - someone lied - that's a 1974 model, inline 6 "tower of power". They have quite a following among owners, they are however "old" and parts can be somewhat difficult to find and expensive when you do find them. Rated in BHP (brake horsepower) the 1150 (115 horse) is the equivalent of about 90 horses in the modern SHP rating used now.

Len - that is a 1993 model - nice motor - a good all around manual for maintenence and repair is Selocs for 3 and 4 cylinder models of that vintage.

Peter - that serial is for a 1984 9.8 horse model. The 9.9's didn't come out until 1986 and all had the (new) alphanumeric serials begining 0A123456 etc..."

"Hi,
Could you please date my

"Hi,
Could you please date my motor, it appears that Mariner are complicated to do so, its a belguim made model, 25hp four stroke MOD: BE5BFLCUD ser nr:
B 1521507.
Help would be appreciated, thanks, Steve"

"Steve, that is newer than my

"Steve, that is newer than my most recent production lists (2004). The production year should be on the sticker where you got the rest of that info - if it's missing you may have to contact Merc for the info."

"I am new here, so I apologize

"I am new here, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong posting area. I just picked up a 3cyl 90HP oil injected Mariner with a serial # OB131895.
Could someone tell me the year model I've got.
Thank you in advance."

I have a mercury 50hp outboard

I have a mercury 50hp outboard and was told it is either an 83 or an 86 from the previous owner. A serial number is missing from the motor and I need to know the correct year to order parts. What things can I look for to determine which year the motor is. Keep in mind I dont know my way around a boat motor. I am having my doubts as to the years I was told because I recently ordered a switch assembly that should have been good for either year and it is the wrong part. Any help would be awsome. Thanks.

"Since I called Mercury and th

"Since I called Mercury and they couldn't answer my question, I will ask you guys. My son bought a 1980 21' Omega with a 225 Black Max on the rear end.

The serial number is 5000633. Can anyone tell me the year of the engine?

Part two of my question, is that I am thinking about trading him for my 1996 Merc 125 on my 24' pontoon boat. Has anyone put a 225 on a pontoon and any insight would be appreciated."

I just got a Yamaha Outboard t

I just got a Yamaha Outboard that is missing the cover and will need lower bearings replaced. The numbers I could read are

69E 6E900 L C4OPLRS 333908

I need the year made Type and a source for parts and manual.

Thanks

Mr Haneysr

"I have a 40 hp mercury outboa

"I have a 40 hp mercury outboard, elect. start, tiller handle with oil injection. S.N. OD267698
What year model is it?
Thanks for any help."

"Hey there, need some help. I

"Hey there, need some help. I am in Kuwait the land of ebonic engineering and am trying to fix my 200 hp merc outboard. Don't knowwhat year it is for sure and the id tag is mangled. All I cn read is OG 83667... the rest is cut off. 200 hp, 390 lbs. v-6 three carb. numbers on the #1 carb are 39 1 3233 on the side and 3311-821687 C on top. it is a 2.5l also. I have no midrange when I throttle. I have slow and fast. When I go to mid the engine dies. I have had three mechanics look at it with no results. I myself am a heavy equipment and turbine engine repairman so 2 strokers are a mystery to me lol. I am pushing a 20ft. speed/dive boat. Any help would be appreciated!! thanks in advance!
Shawn"

"Hello all. new here. I'm

"Hello all. new here. I'm going to ask for some help. And this looked like the best thread to ask it in.

I'm looking to fix up a Mercury 80HP, but like with alot of people, I can't find out what year it is. Know, from the info I've gathered over the net so far, is that it should be between a 87-93. The serial number is 3312540.

Any info would be great. Thankv very much."

"Phillip, you should have star

"Phillip, you should have started a new discussion, your question almost got lost here in the big pile.

Anyhow, I believe your motor is considerably older than what you suspect. That serial would make it a 1972 model.

Is this a 3 or 4 cylinder motor?"

"Oh, well I seen the title of

"Oh, well I seen the title of the thread and thought this was an open question area.

But, it is a 3cyl. two stroke.

thanks for the response."

OK--another 40 mariner-yamaha

OK--another 40 mariner-yamaha built
40ELO 6E9L 433158(originally purchased in Canada I believe)

first: what year is it?

second: how does the oil injection work--is it separate unit? because it is not there

Third: what should the compression be?

"Ok Phillip, the three cylinde

"Ok Phillip, the three cylinders didn't come out until 1987 - any chance the first "3" in your serial is actually a "B" which would make it a 1988 model.

Rod, that's a Yamaha built Mariner.

1989 model - originally equipped with an "auto-blend" oil system - was a separate unit that failed so often that it killed more outboards than all other problems combined. You should be thankful that someone removed it and threw it far enough away from the motor that it couldn't spontaneously reconnect and kill it.

Mix at 50:1 with regular unleaded and TCW3 rated 2 cycle marine oil.

For compression, I would be looking for about 100 psi plus/minus 10."

"Ok, I are feeling stupid.
Ju

"Ok, I are feeling stupid.
Just to be sure I decided to go out in the cold and take a closer look at the engine.
Apparently, there is a forth cylinder tucked up under the shroud. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
So that would make it the 1972 model?"

"Think I got missed in the jum

"Think I got missed in the jumble so I re-posted:

Hey there, need some help. I am in Kuwait the land of ebonic engineering and am trying to fix my 200 hp merc outboard. Don't knowwhat year it is for sure and the id tag is mangled. All I cn read is OG 83667... the rest is cut off. 200 hp, 390 lbs. v-6 three carb. numbers on the #1 carb are 39 1 3233 on the side and 3311-821687 C on top. it is a 2.5l also. I have no midrange when I throttle. I have slow and fast. When I go to mid the engine dies. I have had three mechanics look at it with no results. I myself am a heavy equipment and turbine engine repairman so 2 strokers are a mystery to me lol. I am pushing a 20ft. speed/dive boat. Any help would be appreciated!! thanks in advance!
Shawn"

Back