Logo

What year is my motor

My first step is to get the ri

My first step is to get the right manual. Thanks for getting me the year so I don't blow $30 on the wrong one.

"Not to take up anymore of you

"Not to take up anymore of your valuable time,sir, but I wanted to express my thanks for the valued info and opinion on the boat and motor I enquired about.You,sir,provide a great service! Again, THANK YOU!"

i have a 85 horse power mercur

i have a 85 horse power mercury trying to find the year can anyone help?serial number 4233416 thanks

Hello! I have a mercury 65 hp

Hello! I have a mercury 65 hp 4 cylnder SR 2349598 would like to know year ty .

"Graham,
I have 40 horse Mari

"Graham,
I have 40 horse Mariner Magnum, serial OD128965. I believe this is a 1991, but am not sure. Also is it possible to find out where this motor was manufactured? Thanks, Jake"

"Jake, your motor is a 1992 mo

"Jake, your motor is a 1992 model Mercury Mariner assembled in the U.S.

Notice I didn't say made. The power head and gears were built by Yamaha just like 99% of the Merc's out there, but the ignition system and the carbs etc are North American.

Your model, except for the decals/colour is identical to a 40 Horse Mercury of the same vintage..."

Hi i have not been able to fin

Hi i have not been able to find the s/n on my merc.. it is a 115 HP i think it is an 86 same as the boat. Which is a 86 Glastron Carlson CVX16

"Many thanks, I've been se

"Many thanks, I've been searching for this info all over the web and have had great difficulty finding Mariner serial #s. Merc #s seem readily available, but Mariners apparently not so much."

"I am hoping someone can help

"I am hoping someone can help me out....I have a Mariner 4 HP outboard with S/N 6EO 310912, can someone tell me the year of it? Thanks

Jim"

Merc - the is still a Merc pro

Merc - the is still a Merc product regardless of who built it. Today's small Merc's are built by Tohatsu....

"Good morning! Purchased my f

"Good morning! Purchased my first boat, jon boat, with a 9.8 Mercury 110 (Or at least that's what I'm told). The serial number is 941-2624. Can anyone direct me to how I can verify what yr the motor is? Thanks!"

One more question on my Mercur

One more question on my Mercury 110. I am getting a small amount of a leak in my garage. It is dark and oil-like. I had my boat mechanic look at it and he said it is an exhaust drainage from the 2-stroke oil gas mixture. (I was thinking it was my lower unit lube.) Does this sound correct that it would be the residue of the oil gas mix and not the lower unit? The mechanic pulled the screw in the lower unit and said it had plenty of fluid.

lower unit leaks are found / d

lower unit leaks are found / determined with a pressure test.Have the local mechanic do this for you.

"Hello, I just bought a 4hp. M

"Hello, I just bought a 4hp. Mariner serial #6EOS 008259. My question is of course what year? and
correct fuel mixture?. Thanks for your time."

Can you tell me the year and s

Can you tell me the year and size of this engine please Mercury Mariner OB343528

"What's the horsepower - M

"What's the horsepower - Merc serials are just a production number (no info embedded). So need the hp to compare the number against the production lists for that model to get the year...

If you don't know the horsepower, then it's time to play detective.

How many cylinders?
How many carbs? (or is it fuel injected)?"

"Hi, 6 cylinder 3 carbs 115 hp

"Hi, 6 cylinder 3 carbs 115 hp says oil injected on cover but is not, Thanks"

"That makes it a 1988 model, o

"That makes it a 1988 model, one of the last runs of the inline 6 type. A year of so later the 115 became a 4 cylinder motor."

Back