Logo

What year is my motor

Hi I was wondering if you coul

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me the year of my motor. 30 HP.... 689 s 031236 Thanks Lawrence

"That is a 1975, Canadian buil

"That is a 1975, Canadian built, model 650, 3 cylinder, 65 horse according to your serial..."

"Thanks Graham<[img]"http://ww

"Thanks Graham
happy.gif
Iam a small engine mechanic. Mostly work on commercial turf equipment, also residential. I just purchased this boat. Owner gave me a second motor same 650. Is there a way to get an indication if the water pump impeller is pumping to specs. the unit was started for me with the muffs. Just not sure how much pressure should be on output water. Is there a way to measure? Thanks in advance"

Hi could you help me to put a

Hi could you help me to put a date to my mariner 40hp the number is 018973 thanks

crw if it has a 6F6 in front o

crw if it has a 6F6 in front of that number it's a 1989 Marathon model built by Yamaha...

"Mobil - sorry almost missed y

"Mobil - sorry almost missed your post. You should be getting about 3-5 psi.

Mostly the way you check it is just hold your hand under the flow while it's running. After idling for maybe 5 minutes you should get nothing more than "luke warm" water. If it feels at all hot, or worse yet, you see steam, you have an issue.

At any point after shutting it down, you should be able to place your hand on the powerhead and keep there for a few seconds without burning skin.

Basically you want the temp to get nowhere above about 170 degrees (give or take a little) on the powerhead itself...."

"I've rebuilt the carburat

"I've rebuilt the carburator on my mariner 25 and can't get it running right. It's running way too rich, blowing smoke and spots of oil and using twice the fuel it should. Can anyone offer suggestions and can you help me check the year model as I may have put in the wrong rebuild kit? Serial number is OD294844.
Thanks, Suds"

"Sidney, your motor is a 1994.

"Sidney, your motor is a 1994. Start a new thread for your problems to make it easier to follow."

I have 35 hp Merc serial # is

I have 35 hp Merc serial # is either dc or oc 103392 can any one tell me what year it is?...just got it this year it runs great but past two days it pops out of forward at about 80% throttle any ideas? and will not run up again in gear....only goes at about 30 %

"Bruce, 0C103392 (Zero, C,

"Bruce, 0C103392 (Zero, C, etc) would make it an 89 model which was the last year of production for your particular model.

I'm not overly familiar with the shift linkage on these at the powerhead end of things - perhaps JB can jump in here and give some advice.."

Go back to the main Merc page

Go back to the main Merc page and "start a new discussion" (up on the top of the page).

Just make your topic - a question for JB - he'll stop in and give you an answer.

He is outstanding with mid-horsepower motors of your vintage...

"Hi all,
Just bought a Marin

"Hi all,
Just bought a Mariner 30 HP 2 stroke O/B and wondered if anyone could let me know what year it is.
Mariner 30ML - 689 - L - 531356

Cheers,
Chris"

"Hi,

I have an "older&#

"Hi,

I have an "older" Mariner 40 hp and want to know what is the model year of this outboard. The particulars (the best that I can determine)are:

*Mariner 40 BE
*676 B405064
*manufactured in Japan

All comments are welcome, Thank you"

"Chris, almost didn't see

"Chris, almost didn't see your post there...

You have a 1991 Yamaha built Mariner."

"Serial 40 el 6e9l 422 755
I

"Serial 40 el 6e9l 422 755
I got this 2 weeks ago,swapped for a laptop, and was wondering what age it is, looks like almost no use, but i havent started it yet, as i cant figure out the wiring colour codes, to find where i can fit a stop switch (if thats the right terminology, im new to this)
Any inf would be very gratefully appreciated
pat"

"Pat, that's a 1986 "C

"Pat, that's a 1986 "C" model Mariner built by Yamaha for Merc.

Originally there would have been a kill switch, with a tether connected (one of those curly cords that you clip on to yourself in case you go overboard). The kill switch itself would need the tether hooked in (pull the switch and keep it "out" to keep the ignition on).

I don't have the wiring for these Yami built motors, but most kill circuits are black wires with a yellow stripe. The switch should be on the front of the motor near the choke..."

"Hi,

Can somebody tell me w

"Hi,

Can somebody tell me what year this motor is: 6E3 - 40695

Also, what is the correct fuel/oil ratio?

Thanks,
Ken"

I posted this on an older post

I posted this on an older posting group and then spotted this more recent one so I will put it here also. I have a 5 HP Mariner outboard with "Made in Japan" on the ID tag. The numbers are 661 followed by S38423. I would like to know 3 things: (1) the year of the motor: (2) the correct gap for the points and plug (3) the fuel/oil mixture.

"Toby, should always start a n

"Toby, should always start a new discussion - that way you don't get lost in the mess.

Anyhow, you have a Yamaha built Mariner. It is a 1977 "A" model.

This is an air-cooled motor but I don't have the mixing specs for gas/oil. Other air cooled's mix at anywhere from 16:1, 24:1, 32:1 or 40:1 - but you want to get it right.

It uses an NGK B7HS plug gapped at .024"

I don't have specs on the point gap for this motor. It would probably be in Selocs manual for 1 and 2 cylinder "Mariners" - but that's pub that I don't have - perhaps someone else on the board could help out with that....

The motor itself was the same as Yamaha's own branded 5BS model which was produced between 1973-1980...

Sorry can't help further..."

"Graham, could you tell me the

"Graham, could you tell me the year of my motor 40hp, merc, s/n 6415755, 1983, oops wasn't supposed to post that. You're just post whoring
biggrin.gif
"

"Now you know better - you sho

"Now you know better - you should be starting a new discussion - might have got lost in this mess...

But you do know your motor is really just a 35 horse, at least after they went from brake to shaft horsepower ratings
kiss.gif
"

"I have a 60HP Mariner, serial

"I have a 60HP Mariner, serial number is A110838. Would you please give me the year it was made and the type of motor it has in it. Where can I find a shop repair manual for this motor? Thanks beforehand for your help! God Bless!"

"Arthur, that is a 1984, Mercu

"Arthur, that is a 1984, Mercury built Mariner. A Selocs manual for Merc's of that vintage/# of cylinders will be applicable to your motor.

This was one of Merc's 3 cylinder models. It shared a powerhead with the 50 horse of the same vintage, so most parts between the two models are interchangable. Although the powerhead and gears were built by Yamaha, they were built for Merc, so this model should not be confused with Mariners that were completely built by Yamaha - this is very much a Merc...."

I have a Mercury 115hp serial

I have a Mercury 115hp serial # A180189. My brother just gave this to me to try and sell for him. Can anyone tell me what year it was made and an approximate value if in good running condition? Thanks!

Back