Logo

What year is my motor

Re: What year is my Mercury Thunde

Purchased a Mercury outboard motor a couple of months ago ,the lad I puchased it from wasnt sure of the year or hsp.Can anyone help, I have searched the serial number charts.The number I can find on the shaft of the motor is B327430. The casing has a red stripe.
Thanks to anyone that can help

Hi I have just brought a mercury 4.5hp 2 stroke but can't find a model number the serial number is 9342800 does any one no the model number would be great help many thanks

I purchased an old Mercury outboard motor and I can't identify. It's a 9.8 or 9.9 HP 2 strokes motor. The serial number is 9219176.
I attached some pic.
any help would be great.
fotó 1.jpgfotó 2.jpgfotó 3.jpg

where is the serial number normally located? I just bought at used 150hk mariner, and seller told me it's an 1999, but i wanted to look it up, and in the quick handover I didn't look for the serial number:-/

I purchased an old Mercury outboard motor and I can't identify. It's a 45 or 50hp ,4 cylinders ,2 strokes motor. The serial number is 9282545
Thanks

Hi All, i am new to this forum. Have searched for days to try to find the year of manufacture of a motor i just bought.
It is made in Belgium, have been told it is a 1989 model, serial number 9588914, but it has a sticker inside with a barcode and a number 7025312SB and underneath this number there is 25 EL. The motor is a 25HP. I found that EL stands for electric start and long shaft but motor is a short shaft, and the previous owner, who bought it new swears he did not do any modifications.
IMG_4426.jpg
SN.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg

Last edited:
The number makes it a '92 and that's the best I can do.There may be a small silver disc on the block,like a frost plug,it may have a number on it.If there is, the two numbers should match if there has been no alterations made.

The number makes it a '92 and that's the best I can do.There may be a small silver disc on the block,like a frost plug,it may have a number on it.If there is, the two numbers should match if there has been no alterations made.

Thanks for the info, yes it has the same number.

Good morning I have a Mercury 50hp with serial number 9249481 - Marine power Europe - b4822 Verviers.
Can you pass me some info of this engine (manufacturing date, ...)?
Thanks in advance

I just bought a jon boat with a 25hp Mariner on it. I am having trouble finding information on the motor. I think it may be a 79. Can anyone give me some more info? Bad pic, but it says S002303

Hi There, from Holland

Does anyone know the type/ model and year of my Mercury Outboard engine?
It's a 2 cil.

The serial is 9388894

I have a merc 115 hp serial number 4238862 anyone know what year it is?.. no sites nor dealer can find it...has the bluve band covers

Back