Logo

What year is my motor

wall-i, Here is your information. 1983 MARINER [50 H.P.] ELH
Engine serial number 06418781 Modle number 7050553.

Sorry Miasman, But I do not have a service manual for your engine to give you the head-bolt torque specs, You could try starting a new thread asking for them, And maybe someone out there could try looking them up for you, Good luck with that.

Also on your Consensus of it being a 80-82 - anyway to confirm Question, All I can say is the engine serial number you posted is for a 1980 MARINER 50 EL engine.

Hi there I have two questions I have a 40 hp mariner 40 E serial#76BL 409983 what year is it and what model gear box is required? would a mod 676 fit it?
cheers Chris

rlc3854 I make that a '94,if boat-tech happens on this he'll have that info on the model,but the HP plus year should be enough to get parts,
Regal Warrior,there's something missing from that #,I suspect the 6 is missing and that would make it 1980.

rlc3854 I make that a '94,if boat-tech happens on this he'll have that info on the model,but the HP plus year should be enough to get parts,
Regal Warrior,there's something missing from that #,I suspect the 6 is missing and that would make it 1980.

Thanks, now I have a better clue as to what I'm working with. I thought it might be a 95. I want to hook up a tach and running down the wiring for it.

I might as well thow mine into the mix. I've got a 15 hp merc with a serial number A743570. I thought it was 90's but when looking @ some lists all I am finding is it is between 1961-1988. Any idea wat year it is? thank you.

I might as well thow mine into the mix. I've got a 15 hp merc with a serial number A743570. I thought it was 90's but when looking @ some lists all I am finding is it is between 1961-1988. Any idea wat year it is? thank you.
That's a big Gap your finding there.:D

Engine serial number: 0A743570 Model number 1015201GC 1989 MERCURY CANADA 15 MH
Manufacture Date: 08/11/1988, But when looking up parts go by 1989 because it was built later in the year.;)

Hello, what year and who made this motor, Mariner 55 EL #663L 315707 also can I put a tilt and trim on it and where can I buy one. thanks this is a great site.

Hi sorry to hijack the post but does any one have any info on my engine - Its a Mariner 40ML serial number 6E9L310314 (1 of a pair of twin engines on a Chinook Sea Fury 6m)

Also does anyone know if Sea Fury's are godo ribs?

Thinking of buying..

Thanks

Hi, I just found this site. with all the information here, i am glad i did. I was just wondering if any one could help me figure out the year of my motor. it is a 25 hp model number is 0A928359. i have been trying to figure it out since i picked it up 2 years ago.

Hi, I just found this site. with all the information here, i am glad i did. I was just wondering if any one could help me figure out the year of my motor. it is a 25 hp model number is 0A928359. i have been trying to figure it out since i picked it up 2 years ago.
The search is over:D Here's the information for your engine.:)
Engine serial number: 0A928359 Model number 7025206 1986 MARINER 25 M

The service manual part number from mercury for your engine is going to be (90-435093) 18/20/25 hp's.

Got a new to us , 50hp 4 cyl Mercury . Ser. no. 6486446 . Can someone please I.D. this motor . Also , isn't the round knob on the throttle control lever supposed to pull out to free throttle the motor without gear engagement ? Thanks in advance .

Cotterpin

Got a new to us , 50hp 4 cyl Mercury . Ser. no. 6486446 . Can someone please I.D. this motor . Also , isn't the round knob on the throttle control lever supposed to pull out to free throttle the motor without gear engagement ? Thanks in advance .

Cotterpin
Your engine was made in (1984) MERCURY 50 EL

As for your other question, you really would be better off with starting a new thread of your own, so that it will get more attention by helpful people and not get lost in this long running thread.;)

Also I would recommend that you try posting a few photos of your throttle control lever, so that we can see what your working with to try to help you out better.:)

Thank you boat_tech , I'll get a pic of that and start a thread . Haven't visited the site for quite awhile . Like the new layout !

Cotterpin

Hello i believe ive got an 83 yamaha built 40hp mariner and im trying to find an impeller part number for it the numbers are 40E 6E9 L-407604 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I am trying to compare the two motors that I have and I was wondering if anybody could tell me the year on my 6hp merc.

Serial Number: 0A946904

Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I just picked up a 115 Mariner today, got a sweet deal on it, but the guy didn't know what year it was. He thought it was either an '86 or a '93. I am assuming it is a Canadian model as I bought it in Northern Ontario.

I read a bunch of these posts and from what i understand they did not keep great records of vins and corresponding years can anyone help me out?

It's an inline 6 Serial # A729224

Thanks

I have a Mercury 20 Jet Motor. Serial # 0G192501 Could you please let me know the year of the motor? and how about the model number? thank you!!

help

i have twin 150 enigines both are dead one has a ignition problem and the other engine i think the stator went, but my real problem is i cant find the serial # any where, look on the head covers, swing bracket , can anyone help me, how many #'s is it, i always thought it was 7

Could anybody find out what year my Mercury motor is. Serial number 7068003....having a difficult time.
Also, could you let me know if it's a 2 or 4 stroke.

Hello i believe ive got an 83 yamaha built 40hp mariner and im trying to find an impeller part number for it the numbers are 40E 6E9 L-407604 any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, But I can't help you out with this one, I hope someone else will see it and help you out. Good luck with it.

Ok, I am trying to compare the two motors that I have and I was wondering if anybody could tell me the year on my 6hp merc.

Serial Number: 0A946904

Thanks in advance
1986 MERCURY 6 M Model number 1006206.

Hey guys, I just picked up a 115 Mariner today, got a sweet deal on it, but the guy didn't know what year it was. He thought it was either an '86 or a '93. I am assuming it is a Canadian model as I bought it in Northern Ontario.

I read a bunch of these posts and from what i understand they did not keep great records of vins and corresponding years can anyone help me out?

It's an inline 6 Serial # A729224

Thanks
1987 MARINER 115 ELPTO Model number 7115727.

I have a Mercury 20 Jet Motor. Serial # 0G192501 Could you please let me know the year of the motor? and how about the model number? thank you!!
1995 MERCURY "JET 20" 25 JET 20. Model number 1025271RD.

i have twin 150 enigines both are dead one has a ignition problem and the other engine i think the stator went, but my real problem is i cant find the serial # any where, look on the head covers, swing bracket , can anyone help me, how many #'s is it, i always thought it was 7
Click on outboards and then serial number for some basic information.
https://mercnet.mercurymarine.com/litreq/navigate.do?serviceType=OB

Could anybody find out what year my Mercury motor is. Serial number 7068003....having a difficult time.
Also, could you let me know if it's a 2 or 4 stroke.
Sorry, But there's nothing coming up for me with using that serial number. Good luck.

Hi folks,
I have Mercury 40HP motor.
A badge on the outside gives the following details:
Mariner 40M
6E9 S 018084
Made in Japan B

I need to get some parts and I've no idea of the year.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone tell what year motor i have.It's a 70hp vro johnson.The numbers on the silver disk or core plug are 431788.please help i may need a lower unit and need to know what to buy.I found some numbers 334006 under the lift bracket on the top center. Thanks:confused:

Last edited:
Hi there all - new to the forum so please be gentle with me - I have a Belgium made mercury thunderbolt 402 40hp and would like to know the year of manafacture - the serial number is: 9005928 - would also like to know how readily available servicing manuals are - ive had the engine for about 6 months and have only just got around to having a look at it - no idea if runner or not etc...

Back