Logo

What year is my motor

"Hi,

I have tried to find t

"Hi,

I have tried to find the links for myself but I can't.

I need to know the year of manufacture of my Mariner 8M 677 S 05414

Barry, in Australia"

farbaut I make that a 1982, mharrison OB? OG193044 would make it 1995,the number does not give the HP,and I couldn't guess but if you start a new thread and post a pic someone who knows more will be able to help

New to this site. What a wealth of information. Looking to purchase a used 20hp mercury off of Craigslist. I'm in PA and motor is in Phoenix, AZ. I have friends driving out to get car parts and they said they'd pick it up for me if I want it. So I'm trying to get as much info as possible.

Mercury serial number is 4824804 which I think I found online to be a 1978. The guy works at a marina and claims it has new gear oil, water pump impeller, and rebuilt carb. Asking $800.

I currently have a similarly aged 7.5hp mercury that I made the same repairs and it runs great, so it sounds like a good deal.

Can anyone confirm this 20hp for me?

Any thoughts on the price?

thanks
Jason

Hi Graham,
I have just purchased a boat with a Mariner 40 40BE serial # 676 B 404523

What year would it be and what fuel mixture should i run it on.

Are these a good reliable motor.

Thank you kindly.
Brad

Last edited:
Have recently acquired a Mariner outboard purported to be 1984, 60hp.
Based on the s/n 7217555 (stamped on frost plug??) would the age and hp be correct?
Also is this a merc, yami, or hybrid?
Is this a "decent" model? (Do I want to turn my kid loose on the lake with it...)
Any advise on what to watch for would be helpful.
Also, what would recommended fuel/oil mix be?
And finally, what would be the best shop manual for this animal?
Lot of questions...sorry in advance if not appropriate for this forum...

What year is my Mercury motor

I'm new here and I hope this is correct protocol.. I have recently purchased a 14FT used aluminum boat and 25HP Mercury motor. The Serial No. is: 0A962475 and the charts I see on the WWW indicate it is a 1986 motor but the book I have (Clymer 1972-1989) does not seem to be the same as my motor. I bought some parts the other day at a Mercury dealer and he said it was a 1991 year motor. How can I be sure and where is this information available on the WWW? Or does Mercury try to keep this a secret?

I have had several boats in the past from 12Ft 7HP up to 19FT V8 I/O. I'm not new to boating just this motor.

GD

Re: What year is my Mercury motor

I'm new here and I hope this is correct protocol.. I have recently purchased a 14FT used aluminum boat and 25HP Mercury motor. The Serial No. is: 0A962475 and the charts I see on the WWW indicate it is a 1986 motor but the book I have (Clymer 1972-1989) does not seem to be the same as my motor. I bought some parts the other day at a Mercury dealer and he said it was a 1991 year motor. How can I be sure and where is this information available on the WWW? Or does Mercury try to keep this a secret? ;)

I have had several boats in the past from 12Ft 7HP up to 19FT V8 I/O. I'm not new to boating just this motor.

GD
It's almost hard to believe a Mercury dealer told you the wrong year of your engine.:(

Your engine according to Mercury is a 1986 MERCURY 25 ML.
Engine serial number: 0A962475 Model number 1025226.
The engine was purchased on 11/26/1988 to a guy in TIGARD OR , 97223

The service manual part number from Mercury for your engine is
90-43509 3 - 18/20/25

Hello i got a mercury black max and i need help to find out the horsepower and the year. The last owner told me it was a 200hp but on the cover it says 175hp.
serial number 9288523

Thanks

Last edited:
Have recently acquired a Mariner outboard purported to be 1984, 60hp.
Based on the s/n 7217555 (stamped on frost plug??) would the age and hp be correct?
Also is this a merc, yami, or hybrid?
Is this a "decent" model? (Do I want to turn my kid loose on the lake with it...)
Any advise on what to watch for would be helpful.
Also, what would recommended fuel/oil mix be?
And finally, what would be the best shop manual for this animal?
Lot of questions...sorry in advance if not appropriate for this forum...

Hi BOAT TECH

Thanks for the info.....

Any indication of when and where this motor was originally purchased?

Also, any thoughts on my other questions listed above would be greatly appreciated....thanks again.

Re: What year is my Mercury motor

It's almost hard to believe a Mercury dealer told you the wrong year of your engine.:(

Your engine according to Mercury is a 1986 MERCURY 25 ML.
Engine serial number: 0A962475 Model number 1025226.
The engine was purchased on 11/26/1988 to a guy in TIGARD OR , 97223

The service manual part number from Mercury for your engine is
90-43509 3 - 18/20/25

Thanks for the feedback, How did you get the information,:eek: do you have access to Mercury Sales records? Now I need to know if it has a thermostat and is it hard to change?

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anybody could help with the year model of my motor please.
Thank you kindly,
Brad
Hi Graham,
I have just purchased a boat with a Mariner 40 40BE serial # 676 B 404523

What year would it be and what fuel mixture should i run it on.

Are these a good reliable motor.

Thank you kindly.
Brad

Graham must have missed it,I get a '79 mix 50:1. How reliable I don't know but they are Yamaha built for Mercury/Mariner and are based on Yamaha's older 40HP models.

Hi - I am in Sweden and Have a Mariner 50 in-line 4 cylinder Serial Number 6058658. Can anyone tell me the year of the motor? thanks

I recently picked up a used pontoon with a 40HP Mariner. She runs great. The tag says "Built in Japan for Mariner International" The serial number is: 676 S 10147.

Can anyone tell me what year it is? From what I can gather, it appears that it was made by Yamaha.

I'm also interested in parts for water pump/impeller, oil/gas ratio, and a prop. The prop that is on it is a pin drive, non-thru hub exhaust and appears to be a 11.5 X 12 and I am having a hard time finding something close as a replacement.

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide..........Mark

Miasman, your engine year is 1980 MARINER 50 EL.

Mark49103, Sorry, But your engine is not coming up in my system, Hopefully graham or one of the others might be able to help you out here.

If not I would suggest that you keep on bumping your other thread up in hopes that someone sees it that could help. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi mark49103,I get 1977 short shaft for that number.It is a copy of Yamaha's own older 40HP's so are going to be difficult to get parts for at this stage.You could try a Yamaha dealer for parts,good luck.

Back