Logo

Bad Power Pack

J

James E. Reid

"Bought a '72 Larson with

"Bought a '72 Larson with 100 Hp Evinrude. Motor runs rough. Checked sensor, coil, distributor, spark plug wires, etc. Compression is good. Will go into gear in driveway but stalls when in water. Put timing light on it and the timing looks correct. Noticed though, that the strobe from light was not consistent. I believe that it is not firing consistently. Checked all cylinders and it was the same. Manual says to pull the purple wire to power pack and place an ammeter in series. Should not read any higher than .7 max current draw. I am reading 2.2 amps. Would like to verify my diagnosis before I shell out $300 for new power pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jaimie
[email protected]"

"e mail me i will send you a t

"e mail me i will send you a trouble shooting guide. also the best prices i got was from www,seilermarine.com just replaced a stator @powerpack for 320.00 also on my stator check with a ohm reading one side was dead. email address [email protected] . the ohm reading on my engine was600 to 850 i dont know on your engine."

" Is it possible for the power

" Is it possible for the power pack to fire intermittently? I have checked my grounds and they look good. My Fluke 87 shows .6 ohms between grounds. I might go back and take a tap to clean out the bolt holes, wire brush the bolts, and replace the ground wires any way. Sort of at a loss as to what else to check. Can you send the troubleshooting guide over the net or do you need a mailing address?

Jaimie "

Back