Logo

Yanmar1gm10

andybuk8

"my father in law has just got

"my father in law has just got a yanmar 1gm10 to replace his old volvo penta 1mb, he needs some info on the exhaust system from the exhaust elbow. would any one be able to e mail me a picture of the set up if you have one please, or any other info you can give me would be great , many thanks andy"

"no pictures. just basics. wat

"no pictures. just basics. waterlift as low as you can mount it, as big as you can fit. loop output from lift as high as possible and out. water line into elbow also as high as possible with siphon break at top of loop. also keep water and exhaust loops midship to prevent problems when heeling."

"Check in to Vetus.com. They s

"Check in to Vetus.com. They show a waterlock exhaust system. For the 1GM 10 the hose size is 45mm It may be the same size if the Volvo Penta exhaust outlet, if memory serves me. Best to check and see. Good bet is to get a Yanmar service Manual. It will cover all your engine needs and recommendations."

"my father inlaw has asked me

"my father inlaw has asked me to try and locate an air in take silencer (the part that holds the filter) they seem to be expensive for what they are. anyone got alternative ideas please, andy"

Back