Logo

Dont you hate that

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
I hate it when you pull your o

I hate it when you pull your outdrive and the gimble bearing comes out stuck on the drive shaft and all rusty.
Damm !!
After 5months out of the blue stuff and many dollars and hours later my floating money pit should get its bum wet next week after a new gimble bearing is installed and a touch of antifouling is added.
Many of you guys are wrapping your boats up for winter now but the weather is now going from good to bloody brilliant over here now so I am looking forward to the next 7 months of bliss.
Cheers
Peter C

"Ayuh,.......

Unfortunately

"Ayuh,.......

Unfortunately,.... I too found abit of Water intrusion when I pulled my boat a few weeks ago,.....
Difference is,......
I'm now armpit Deep in Snow,.......
So,...... I've got plenty of time to Fix it......"

"Shorted bilge pump, big storm

"Shorted bilge pump, big storm and ripped covers led to a very high tide in my boat.
Port side gimble is greasable externaly but unfortunatly the Stb is pre the external grease point.
3 new pumps and pump circutes now fitted, new covers now fitted so hopefully no more high tides inside the boat.
You can have your cold snowy winters I much prefer ours.
Cheers
Peter C"

"Peter;
We all envy your upco

"Peter;
We all envy your upcoming warm season, while up hear in the great white north, boating is a distant memory until spring.
Having said that, I was wondering, putting the six white boomer thing aside, how does Santa arrive down there; by boat I assume??
Rod"

"Everyone putting their barges

"Everyone putting their barges to sleep in VA/MD area. We're coming to visit you, Pete. Bringing scotch and cigars."

"Your in luck gents, I have go

"Your in luck gents, I have gotten rid of one daughter moved some furniture and refurbished my bar, the keg fridge gets moved in to place in the next few weeks and I am all set for visitors.
Lots of Room, lots of Booze, see ya when ya get here for some xmas boating.

Rod there is a couple of different theorys on how santa gets around but seen as I am a good boy and I am in bed at a reasonable time on Xmas eve I have never spotted him.

I now have family living in Seattle so I am aware that your weather is getting to the stage that I prefer not to deal with.

Planing a few beers and a seafood feast on xmas day, anyone interested ?
Cheers
Peter C"

"Here's what your missing

"Here's what your missing by living n the other side of the world Peter..Who needs all that heat...
The blue tarp is my boat...
uhoh.gif

116847.jpg
Ain't life grand!!

"Damm.

Sucks being you Bill

"Damm.

Sucks being you Bill.

Just Kidding
wink.gif

Thats why I do not live on Your side of the world.

Weather here today, Hot and humid 28 Degree C with chance of afternoon storms, water temp 20 Degree, very nice."

"She is a floater again gents.

"She is a floater again gents.
Dropped her back in the water 2 days ago and it hasnt sunk yet so that has to be a bonus.
It is running like a dog at present but I will give the engines a bit of a tweak this weekend and I am all set for 6-7 months of bliss.
happy.gif

Cheers
Peter C"

"Peter:

You shouldn't h

"Peter:

You shouldn't have made light of Frosty the Snowman; tell him you are sorry and your boat will run better. Our 1st. snow melted in a blast of warm weather and it has rained nearly every day since then in SW Ohio. Temp. is dropping and snow is predicted this weekend during the last 2 days of whitetail deer shotgun season which is good. March is around the corner and it launching time for me.

Cheers, Guy"

"Guy

Your right of course,

"Guy

Your right of course,

Sorry Frosty, I didnt mean to offend you !!!

There, will that make my boat run better ?

I think I might still go ahead with the engine tweak anyway.

Cheers
Peter C"

Back