Logo

Best value outdrives

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
Hi Learned People
I have a fr

Hi Learned People
I have a friend who has decided that his Alpha One runs better on water than oil and consequently requires a new outdrive.

He is happy to import a couple into the land of Oz so does anybody have any recomendations as far as genuine and non genuine and who would sell and export a pair of Alphas to Oz at the right price.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Peter C

"Peter;

Have you checked av

"Peter;

Have you checked availablity of SEI's?

I think the SE 106 lists for about $1200 USD, and the SE 116 for about $1400, plus whatever it would take to ship them there.
There may be a local dealer there where you could get them faster.
Their website may have the answers.

Rod"

"Rod/Pete

[url=""]www.stern

"Rod/Pete

www.sterndrive.cc

I've done the homework, bought a couple and approve. They come nicely packaged, finished and seem to hold up well. Warranty return rates were normal. They claimed to have sold some 15k units to date. Pricing was on the website last i looked and dealer prices were about the same - so buy direct. If you are in the business, they may allow you to sign up as a dealer, btw."

"Thanks for the info gentlemen

"Thanks for the info gentlemen, I will pass it on to my friend and make some general inquiries for myself.
The prices are certainly very good, I gather no one has had any serious issues with their drive units.
Thanks again
Cheers
Peter C"

Hi what information can people

Hi what information can people offer on a Mercruiser Alfa 1 replacement leg called a GLM 20300. Has anyone used one of these to advise on relibility and salt water corrosion resistance.
Thanks for your assistance.
Trev

Back