Logo

My 2002 225 blew a head gasket

stonoman

With about 560 hours on it I h

With about 560 hours on it I had a problem with the engine trolling around at 700rpm.It shook like crazy.Took it to the Marine dealer and now find out the head gast blew.Salt water corroded the head and caused a small hole in the block.I flush this moter every trip for at least 30 minutes.My extended warranty ran out in july or Aug.I was told made no difference the warranty will not cover internal corrosion.I feel Yammy hosed me real bad.I had no choice but to trade the old motor in and pay $14k for a new 225.I hope yamaha fixed the internal corrosion problem because that just is a rip off.At 72 years old i dont want to break down on the river.A 225 is $17k plus hell thats a new Toyota car.Just had to vent!!!.

"Hey Joe,
Don't feel

"Hey Joe,
Don't feel bad my 250 Yahama has less the 180 hrs and has gone south. Now you say Yahama won't cover internal corrosion. I wonder what is going to happen when they get done with my warranty! Perhaps Honda is going to be the way to go, I have always had good luck with thier customer service."

Back