Logo

Long Problem possibly short solution

krisnowicki

if i hook a garden hose to the

if i hook a garden hose to the inlet to the manifold would that work to test if the seal between the manis and gasket is leaking and also even if it was would that water make it all the way to the crank case

"Water will come out the exhau

"Water will come out the exhaust riser water inlet and the OD outlet. If the gasket between the riser and exhaust manifold is comprimized, then water will be able to enter the open exhaust valves of the head and leak into the oil pan thru the piston.

Why not just remove the risers and exhaust manifolds and check them and their gaskets? They are simple to do and cheap gaskets. If they are good, then you are half way to pulling the heads. The intake is next which could be the problem. There are tests to perform and verify where the leak is coming from; compression and cylinder leakdown tests."

"[b]"Why not just remove t

""Why not just remove the risers and exhaust manifolds and check them and their gaskets? They are simple to do and cheap gaskets. If they are good, then you are half way to pulling the heads. The intake is next which could be the problem. There are tests to perform and verify where the leak is coming from; compression and cylinder leakdown tests."

Ayuh,.......

If they're Leaking,......
You'll see the Rust Tracks after you take them Off,+ Look....."

"Before you go any further get

"Before you go any further get a compression test done. And if you get lousy readings, then pull the heads. I suspect you blew head gaskets.

If I am right, and you ran it that way for more than 10 minutes, the block will be scored. That means a rebuild.

Jeff

PS: Hope I'm wrong!"

"Hey, that water had to come i

"Hey, that water had to come in from somewhere, right? And the way it went blooee on you...

Jeff"

Back