Logo

VOLVO penta KAD44P EDC engines do not start

mbarak_ahmed

"I just bought a boat with two

"I just bought a boat with two VOLVO penta KAD44P EDC engines and no drives (gear removed). The engines are in good condition, however I can not let them star.
I used new diesel and make sure it reach the nozzle (seams week), connect one battery and start one engine at a time.
It did not start from the Ignition key, engine does not rotate, so I put the key on on-position (gages and heater working) and start from the control box relay on the engine. The engine rotates but does not star-up.same result in both engines. I must have missed something!!!. Why it does not start from the key or relay? Is there any special thing for these engine types?. Any idea will be appreciated."

"The engines must have complet

"The engines must have complete system for operation.Controls, control panel, helm computer, harnesses,engine power train computer, gear solenoids or shift controls. Will not run without those components."

"thank you dickV, actualy ever

"thank you dickV, actualy everthing is in plase accept lower unit and one of the shift control.
i figur out how to start with key, but it does not fire. someone told me, it could be a program/computer setting that is messed sice i try to start manual!!!!. if this is the case, what is the remeady."

Back