Logo

DV 24 ME seawater in oil

E

edward bleakley

"Elevated oil level and almost

"Elevated oil level and almost white. expected it to be through the water pump or the head gasket, but after a new pump and a look at the gasket is neither. Suspect piston jackets? any thoughts or replacement/fix ideas greatly appreciated."

"If you do not shut off throug

"If you do not shut off through hull sea water intake after engine shutdown, I believe water can siphon back through the exhaust after shutdown if the exhaust elbow is below waterline and there is no siphon break loop in the discharge line from thermostat to exhaust elbow. Bukh has an instruction sheet on this with their exhaust parts. Good Luck."

Its a common problem the drive

Its a common problem the drive gear bearing for the water pump will have collapsed remove cover and all will become obvious

"Milmar, It sounds like the s

"Milmar, It sounds like the same kind of problem in my friend's dv-20. Only, the manual shows bushings instead of bearings. Do you know if this is the same? How would water get past the pump seals around the shaft? Would worn bushings allow water to get past the seals?

Thanks"

The seal wears out and some after market seals do not have Bukhs Bronze retain spring for the lip instead they have a stainless steel spring Bushing should be fine
Just realized this threads for a Bukh DV24 the water pump I believe should have bearing not bushing which Bukh used on there older DV20 as Ive only just joined here I can up load photos sorry

Last edited:
Back