Logo

Keeping boat straight

bobbyrod

how do you adjust the exhaust

how do you adjust the exhaust a friend said that the exhaust has a lot to do with keeping boat straight is that true how do you do that i have a 1990 bayliner capri with 90 hp force

im no mecanic but i have never

im no mecanic but i have never herd of this.the only factor i know is motor placement is it in the center. yours shoud be as it is a factory match as yours is fom bay liner. and if you have a fin type anode behind the wheel.this can be adjusted for a small change in pull.

"Roberto, I would echo what Tr

"Roberto, I would echo what Travis has said - not sure what your buddy is referring to???"

The "adjust the exhaust&#3

The "adjust the exhaust" is in reference to the exhaust snout which is just behind the prop. It allows limited adjustment (side to side) by loosening the mounting bolt in the slotted hole and pivoting on the rear mounting bolt (inside the snout). It acts as a rudder would to "offset torque effect of engine on boat steering" per my Force Outboard Owners Manual.
Note that this is contingent your engine model is equipped as such. Look uner the cavitation plate to find out. If you need a diagram let me know.

Back