Logo

Sears

my_illusion

"If anyone can help... I have

"If anyone can help... I have a Sears outboard about 30" long, with the model #574-60100 I cant seem to find any info on. I think it was made by Eska in the 60's and named "Ted Williams"... ( wasnt that a ball player?) Any help would be great!"

"Yvonne, that is a 1964, twin

"Yvonne, that is a 1964, twin cylinder, 7.5 horse built by McCulloch (the company that built things like chainsaws).

They built ouboards for Sears for a number of years. McCulloch got out of the outboard business in the end of the 60's and concentrated on making small engines.

They were later bought out by MTD who makes all kinds of small engine products. Not all the McCulloch patents came with the deal, so sometimes parts on older engines are difficult to find.

Andrew, who runs this site, stocks a number of tune-up parts for old McCulloch motors and you may be able to find a manual at www.discount-marine-parts.com"

"Thank you SO much!!
Now For

"Thank you SO much!!
Now For ? 2.... I hear that there is not much "want" in this type of outboard, So now what do I do with it?
I tend to get a lot of "stuff" that I dont need or have the time to fix, I have about 5 or 6 outboards I have been workin on now (most with little or no luck) but I try!!

Thanks again!!"

"Yvonne, you are right. There

"Yvonne, you are right. There is not a big market for these (old), small outboards. Everybody has one stored in a shed, boathouse, garage etc.

They routinely sell in the used market for between 50 and 100 bucks. You have the same problem that has led to an "over surplus" - you don't really want to throw it out, but really have no use for it - so the next decision is yours alone
"

Back