Logo

1962 Chris Craft Holiday Transmission Question

• Thread starter Jacksonville Chris
  • Start date
J

Jacksonville Chris

"I just restored a 1962 20&#39

"I just restored a 1962 20' Chris Craft Holiday. I can't figure out how to rev the boat up in neutral. My newer Chris Craft had a button you would depress on the throttle which would shift the boat into neutral so you could rev it up. I can't figure out how to get this 1962 into neutral other than just having the engine running with the throttle between Forward and Reverse. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris"

"Is it a single lever control,

"Is it a single lever control, that handles the throttle and transmission? Perhaps it has MORSE written across the top? If so, I have the answer.

Lemme know.

P"

"It is a single lever control

"It is a single lever control for the trans and throttle. Yes, it does say MORSE on it.
Thanks"

"Here ya go, this should help.

"Here ya go, this should help.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1184439089/

Lemme know if you need anything. When you pull that knob below the single lever out, it will disengage the transmission and just allow the throttle to work, so you can rev the motor and not be moving, etc.

There are adjustments at the assembly itself, and adjustments at the throttle end of the cable, and at the transmission end of the cable too, lots of ways to get things synchronized properly.

Regards, Paul"

Back