Logo

25hp Johnson what Year Please HELP

westie16

"I recently was given a 25hp J

"I recently was given a 25hp Johnson, trying to find what year it is. I have read discussions at length and cannot find any plate on the motor or arms of the motor at all. Welsh plug id stamped is A0707566. Can anyone assist me with year model. only other numbers found are part numbers. It has a long shaft leg.
Cheers
Mick"

"Michael, that is your serial

"Michael, that is your serial number and is of no value in trying to determine the year.

Perhaps if you post a picture, that could help narrow it down to a "range" but without the model number it's very difficult to pin it down exactly.

Although, with enough patience, a range of years can also be found sometimes by matching a part number from a major part - just a real pain to do it that way..."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
116345.jpg
boat pics"">

Graham,
Thanks for the info, I have posted some pics here if these help to identify what year."

"Michael, I am not an expert o

"Michael, I am not an expert on OMC's by any means, however, looking at your motor and comparing it to some other pictures I have of varying model years, my best guess would put it somewhere in the early 80's (based on the design of the lower unit, the cowl pan and what can be seen of the graphics).

If the hood graphics were in good condition could possibly narrow it down a little further.

However, there is some good OMC guys on this site that may be able to give you a more solid answer...."

Back