Logo

Model 350454 intake manifold gasket

67hat34c

Contributing Member
"installed new intake manifold

"installed new intake manifold gasket, Felpro. however i did not install the restrictor plates that go over the crossover. Did i need to do this. have manifold choke.

I am experiencing issues with this motor and will post on monday once i check it out again on saturday."

"Still working on the issue.

"Still working on the issue. I can find nothing wrong with the starboard engine.

Although port engine runs higher rpms, i believe it has a carburator issue, need rebuild, running very rich at slow speed, cant adjust it out.

I am now looking at props. Current set did allow it to run properly in the past but have not used them in a while and had them redone before they were reinstalled. will pull after the first of the year to do bottom, will get the 4blade set reworked and install them and see how she runs with clean bottom and fresh props.

I am not sure we ever got 4400, kept poor records. found a log entry from 11/06 showing 3 blade set used and got 4000 and 26.5kts. our prior WOT was unknown rpms but 28kts.

4 blade set turned up 4000 and got over 30kts with fresh bottom and fresh props. but that was in september 2005.

goal is 4200 minn to 4400 max.

Mechanic friend of mine told me that we do not need the restrictor plate in the manifold. said need a little more heat under the carburator to prevent ice. Marine engines run at much higher rpms that automotive and therefore the intake will get much colder. Eg. need more heat from crossover. Made since to me so am going to go with it."

".."Marine engines run at

".."Marine engines run at much higher rpms that automotive and therefore the intake will get much colder."

Huh! That's assbackwards, isn't it? Actually, marine engines tend to run colder--especially with raw water cooling. They need the cross over heat to improve fuel vaporization.

Jeff"

"jeff, the intake acts like an

"jeff, the intake acts like an evaporator in your ac system. when the air gas mixture velocity increases it gets very cold. typical car engine of this size will be running at 15 to 1800 rpms, boat engine is cruising at 3000 to 3200. higher velocity and gas mixture through the car is going to be a very cold mixture."

Back