Logo

15 hp gamefisher needs help

L

larry ransom

Hi I bought a 15 hp gamefisher

Hi I bought a 15 hp gamefisher 2002 and it was hardly used...It starts right up and runs great but when I put it into forward it wont go past half throttle without bogging out..anyone know what I need to do to get it going right? and where do I get parts from...thanks

"Larry, are you sure about the

"Larry, are you sure about the year? Gamefisher was a Sears brand and they stopped selling branded outboards in the mid 90's.

It sounds like a fuel problem (carb, fuel pump, or maybe just a clogged filter).

If you post the model/serial number can maybe narrow it down a bit and figure out how to troubleshoot..."

no not sure of the year..just

no not sure of the year..just going by what the guy told me he thought it was..model # is 225. 58150B and the serial # is OE268539...it runs fine and gets full throttle when it is in a barrel...thanks for any help I recieve

"Larry, 225.581508 (believ

"Larry, 225.581508 (believe your last digit is an 8) would make it a 1996, twin cylinder 15 horse, built by Force (who was owned by Merc) for Sears.

Sound confusing

Usually if it runs fine in a (tank) but bogs under load that indicates a dirty/clogged carb - a good disassembly and cleaning is in order..."

well I cleaned the carb and it

well I cleaned the carb and it still runs like crap...when I take off in the water it runs slow then it will hit and run great till I throttle back down ...it might hit and run again and it might not..any suggestions...there isnt much to rebuild these carbs..didnt think I needed a rebuild

"Larry, a bogging issue is alm

"Larry, a bogging issue is almost certainly fuel related - and as you mention, these are pretty simple setup's.

The clogged carb is probably the most common. If that is not your problem, then more troubleshooting is in order - fuel pump and gas lines. Something is starving the motor of fuel when it bogs..."

just some info
ENG: 0E268539

just some info
ENG: 0E268539 H015201TS FORCE 15 MH
manufactured 05/02/1997
invoiced 05/06/1997
never registered for warranty

Back