Logo

Winterizing

F

Fire3880417

"I have a 21' Renken with

"I have a 21' Renken with a Volvo Penta AQ260 outdrive and engine. I wanted to know if I should fill the fuel tank completely and add stabilizer or empty the tank for winter storage. Also, should I pay the money to have the boat shrunk wrapped or can I get away with using the winter storage cover for the boat?
Thanks"

"Damn good question! Most peop

"Damn good question! Most people are saying fill the tank with stabilizer.

A cover you can reuse saves you $$$, right? Either will work.

Jeff

PS: Just don't tie the cover to the jack stands! The wind can rip them out from under your boat and.... You know."

"I personally don't like t

"I personally don't like the idea of 'shrink wrapping'. I have an idea that there would be insufficient air circulation under the wrap and mildew could/will flourish, especially if there is some water trapped in the boat. Now if the weather where you are is well below freezing or very hot, that could make a difference.

Just my thoughts...Tom"

To properly winterize your boa

To properly winterize your boat the gas tank should be filled to the top and with stabalizer. This reduces the ability for condensation to build up. As for shrink wrapping I highly recommend it. Most dealers add a mildew bag in the engine compartment and a vent on the top of the cover. I used to use a cover and now have it shrinkwrapped instead. I have 2002 Glastron SX175. I live in NJ.

Back