Logo

Fuelefficient 100hp outboardengine

sascha

Im looking for an efficient ou

Im looking for an efficient outboard-engine 50 - 150 hp.
>>> how many naut. miles/km can you est. make on one liter fuel? (talking about a 6 m fishing boat here);
>>> is it realistic to make 800 naut. miles eg. 1500 km on 'one tank' (question here is how big that tank has to be);

as I'm not very experienced with boats I'm thankful for any information!

sascha

"This is a pure guess on my pa

"This is a pure guess on my part... but I use my boat almost entirely for pulling kids/people on tubes and boards. I have a 2005, 19 1/2 bowrider with 4.3L 190 hp. inboard. Thinking about how big the lake is at the cottage, and how many times I go around in circles pulling people, I would guess that I might get 2.5 - 3 (road) miles per gallon. I really can't guess any better than that. I wish someone could tell me better, but we are on and off the gas so much that it just kills gas milage. Straight out running, I'm sure would be much better than what I do. I had a Johnson outboard 115 hp (4 cyl) on my old 16 ft ski boat and used it for the same purpose on the same lake and probably got a little better gas milage out of that, but not too much better.

Wrench"

"Wrench, that's a good bal

"Wrench, that's a good ballpark figure. You pretty much answered the question."

"Here's some numbers for a

"Here's some numbers for a 135 horse Honda, mounted on an 18 foot Silvan (fish/ski style) with a 28 gallon fuel tank....

116069.jpg
"

"To quote Darth Vader: "Im

"To quote Darth Vader: "Im-pressive!"

I wonder how long that motor's rings will last spinning 6 grand, though, since is has a stroke about as long as a big block Chevy. Time will tell.

Jeff}"

Back