Logo

F225 cooling pilot hole

dionescu

Brand new Yamaha F225. runs gr

Brand new Yamaha F225. runs great. I tried to winterize and had the engine running with the hose adapter and there's no water comming out of the cooling pilot hole. I was afraid to run it too long so after a couple of minutes I shut the engine. All this time never did any water come out of the pilot hole. I had a mercruiser alpha I/O and a Mercury outboard run it with the same adapter never had this problem...am I doing something wrong? engine has 5 hours on it

"You know I sometimes take a h

"You know I sometimes take a hose and put it up to the pilot hole and prime the water with a little sucking. Work to get the flow going.. LOL, but really works."

Glad u guys r having a good ti

Glad u guys r having a good time. Any real suggestions other than blowing the hose? I know it helps equalizing the presure but I wouldnt want the hose to get too excited so I am hoping there's something else I can try that doesnt involve rubbing or sucking the hose.

"Dinu,

It was no joke. Or y

"Dinu,

It was no joke. Or you can blow it out with a air pressure hose. Or check your water pump and T-stats. Those r the unual problems. Also make sure you have enough water pressure in your hose with your flush attachment.

Good luck..

P.s. I use that hose trick today when I was flushing my motor. works every time, the only problem is I get a mouth of salt water.."

You will find on a lot of larg

You will find on a lot of larger Yamaha four strokes that when up attach the muffs to the gearbox water pickup that they will not get enough water to fill the power head therfore the telltail will not work. If you have 2 hoses hookup one to the flusher fitting and one up to the earmuffs and it will be ok. Other than that run the engine in a container of water.

problem is that the yami gearb

problem is that the yami gearboxes like to be fully submerged
if you plug the vent hole it will suck up water no problem

on my yamaha i tend to raise t

on my yamaha i tend to raise the engine it helps getting the water up do to low city water pressure

Back