Logo

ID Engine in 1961 Lyman hull #1104

xtruker

"Graymarine Engine which is in

"Graymarine Engine which is installed in a 1961 24' Lyman. Hull #1104 Could not locate the engine tag. Only ID numbers are stamped on engine parts as follows:
75809-78042 on timing chain cover
Graymarine replacement for 2-27-80 on the exhaust manifolds. Thanks
77062 port,77061 Star… Engine front motor mounts
6156118 A2 2-19 intake manifold. 4 Barrel carb just added so not original manifold.
See attached photos
115856.jpg
Eng1"">
115857.jpg
Eng2"">
115858.jpg
Eng3"">
115859.jpg
Eng4"">
115860.jpg
Eng5"">
115861.jpg
Eng6

"Jeff
What you have is an AMC

"Jeff
What you have is an AMC 327 ci engine most likely with a carter 4 barrell carb. The manifold probably is the original one. AMC motors made this engine for Gray Marine. The eng. tags from AMC were mounted on the gen. or alt. bracket and most likely are missing. Dont concern yourself with this. Its a very strong motor, I am tearing one down right now. The #s on your exhaust manifold are the date that they were replaced. They are known for rusted out Hope this info helps. Pat"

Pat:

Thanks for the informa

Pat:

Thanks for the information. Former owner said it was a 327 but I couldn't verify that from the Service Manual he gave me. It has a Holly carb and the firing order on the intake does not match the dist. guess that doesn't matter.
Are you using a shop manual for your rebuild...if so where did you get it? I want to rebuild too and have many questions. Any sources you could share would be appreciated.
Thanks

"Jeff, The shop manuals for yo

"Jeff, The shop manuals for your engine can be obtained right on this site. Go the the home page and follow the links. I have both the shop and parts manual for the engine if I can be of any help with OEM part numbers. Pat has led me to many usefull sites for my rebuild of the 327.
Good luck,
Cal"

Back