Logo

Simpsonsears outboard

mhawk21912

my stepdad gave me this outboa

my stepdad gave me this outboard but I don't know much about it . it says sears on the plastic cover and on the name plate it says simpson-sears model # 532 60920 serial # 126 132 B. Does anyone know the year and horse power and where I can get a manual and parts if need ? any help would be apreciated thank you

I found the info at discount m

I found the info at discount marine parts web sight. I wrote the number down wrong it is 582 60920. so if I read the info correctly I have a 1968 3.5 hp outboard made by clinton mod. get the impression parts are hard to find. Anyone have any advice

"Michael, you are correct - it

"Michael, you are correct - it is a 68/3.5 built by Clinton. Discount marine parts may be able to help you out if you need carb parts or some other small items, and maybe a manual.

Parts can be difficult to find, however, a local small engine place may be able to help you out as well (depending on what you are looking for).

The motor portion is very much the same as you would find on a lawnmower, tiller, snowblower etc, and has more in common with them than an "outboard" motor...."

"Here is an update I contacted

"Here is an update I contacted the people at www.discount-marine-parts.com and found out that the fuel fitting for these motors is no longer availible but they do sell an adaptor. the good news is all the parts are still availible.I got the outboard running on the third pull. I made a temporary connector for the fuel line, changed the spark plug and it fired up and ran like a top."

Excellent - depending on what

Excellent - depending on what they want for the fuel adapter you may want to simply replace it with an OMC end.

I even have my Merc's switched over (at the engine connection end of things). They are cheaper (available and "universal" (one size only)) than the Merc parts and that allows me to use the same gas hoses between the tank and the motor for my Merc's and my Evinrude (kicker)...

Back