Logo

New to boating

T

tony fleming

i am new to boating and all my

i am new to boating and all my friends told me to stay away from force. but i didnt listen and puchased a 1977 tide craft with a 115 chrysler engine(not the original for that boat) i was wondering what i need to do to keep it in good shape. it runs well at this time. i have noticed(looking on line) there isnt a lot of listing for parts for the 115 as there is for other hp engines
is there only certain years this engine was made or what. would appreciate any info i could get

"Tony, while I don't have

"Tony, while I don't have complete lists of Chrysler models, I can only find listing for the 115 between 1978-81.

Chrysler had been bought out by 84, so it's certainly no newer than that.

If it runs well now, you can cross your fingers, have it blessed
but most important -

Get yourself a repair manual, and follow a good regiment of routine maintenance.

Change your gear oil every year

Change your impeller every second year

Flush the motor if you use it in salt/dirty/gritty/muddy water

If you store it for more than a couple of weeks prepare it properly (fuel stablizer through the system, fog the cylinders, store it upright and out of the direct sunlight).

Any outboard that runs well is a good outboard..."

"thanks for the advice, i will

"thanks for the advice, i will get me a book on it the boat is a 16 foot open bow, the seats and carpet are in exellent shape, the hull has no damage at all, so i worry about the motor, but i only paid 1,000 for the boat so i could invest some into it if needed."

Back