Logo

Cylinder sleeve

1993 200hp gt venom

Does an

1993 200hp gt venom

Does anyone know of an aftermarket cylinder sleeve that is available for this engine. The BRP website doesn't list one and I don't want to scrap the engine. One cylinder is too far gone for boring oversize. I can press one out of my spare parts engine but I would rather replace it with a new one.

"On the wiseco site, what do t

"On the wiseco site, what do they mean by oval exhaust port and a listing with "four finger exhaust port" for the same year?

Your help is much appreciated."

"Fred, The difference may be t

"Fred, The difference may be that one is for a looper and one is for a cross-flow motor. There was a time in the early 90s when OMC made both in the same HP. You might look at your cylinder and see if the description fits."

"Thanks Chris. I was under the

"Thanks Chris. I was under the impression that the crossflow was discontinued for the looper in 1988. I guess I'll have to get around to stripping her down soon to get a better peak inside.
thanks for the input jwb, I never even thought about the sources you suggested. I was a little shocked at the look of the bad cylinder and my brain quit working.

One other question on this topic: If given the choice between Wiseco and Sierra which one is more preferred?"

Back