Logo

1991 60 hp 2 stroke beep beep beep

K

karlow

"A little history. I have just

"A little history. I have just repaired fire damage to the wiring harness for the rectifier, and power trim circuit. I do not know much of the boats history. Today I took it out for sea trails. 1. when running at idle at the dock it started beeping. beep, beep, beep at about once a sec. I checked, it was pumping water. I pulled the cover, it was not hot. We took it out, after about 5 min at 4 MPG it stopped. It did not beep anymore all day. 2. after about 5 mins at speed, the battery voltage was pushing 18Vdc. The fish finder would shut down every time the voltage exceeded 16Vdc.
It did run great! 3. The tach did not seem to work below 4000 RPM. Any help Ideas? The Boat is a 94 Tracker 17 PT. There is also something wrong with the stearing. It's very notchy, and has a large dead spot. It's most likely a bad cable"

"that would be a ..'no-oil

"that would be a ..'no-oil' alarm....ck oil tank level,..clean/ck oil filter screen in tank,replace oil hose if stiff,and oil primer bulb.you need a manual,to do this properly,.....i would replace the entire steering system..about 180.00.."

Back