Logo

Electronic ignition

jt56

I am installing an electronic

I am installing an electronic ignition on my 3.0 and someone told me to do the following because this is what they had to do to get it to work. Can anyone verify this. They took out the old components and installed the electronic ignition parts. Next they located TDC and set the engine to zero. Then they rotated the distributor until the pickup on the electronic ignition was at the number one plug location with respect to the wire in the cap. After that they started the engine and set the timing. I think I have this about right. Is this the correct procedure?

"Ayuh,......

Basically,....

"Ayuh,......

Basically,.... You've got it Right.......

There's usually some pretty good instructions that come with those Kits......"

Thanks for the response. I re

Thanks for the response. I read the directions and all they say is take out the old and put in the new. I didn't think it was going to work like that. So I guess my friend is correct. Is there anything you can add that I should know about?

I put electronic ignition in m

I put electronic ignition in my 3.0 and it went right in its been 3 years and no problems and quicker starting. Good Luck

"Mike, you are correct it went

"Mike, you are correct it went right in. No need to do the steps my friend in my first post told me. I also put in a high energy coil and tapped off the choke wire for the 12 volts. I clipped the resistance wire that was the original supply of power to the coil and everything works fine. The whole thing coil and ignition took about an hour.
Thanks for the response."

Back