Logo

DF 140 RPM increase

owen

"I have twin DF 140's on a

"I have twin DF 140's on a cat. The port engine RPM's will increase, (approx 600)but it seems to happen only in rough seas, when coming down hard after cresting waves. Last weekend, in the harbour which was calm water...no problem RPM's matched with throttles matched. Ater leaving the jettie, and getting in rough seas, the RPM's on the port engine would increase. I would throttle back, the engine would respond, and then I would throttle up and rematch the RPM's again. After the first incident the throttle handles never matched again, even when the RPM's matched. The port handle was 3" behind the stb handle with RPM's matched. From a purely mechanical standpoint that indicates to me throttle linkage, either in the engine housing or in the throttle handle housing slipping. Has anyone else ever had this problem. I initially thought I had a prop slipping and recently installed a new hub in the prop. I also ruled out cavitation, since the stb engine never does this at all. Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks"

"Out of warranty. I may have

"Out of warranty. I may have figured out my problem, and if so I will post what I found."

Back