Logo

Fuel usage

helmut

"Since a lot of people have fu

"Since a lot of people have fuel flow meters, I think it would be interesting to see what the gal. per hour would be at various rpm's. I think all we need to know would be engine size, rpm and gph per engine. Gph should be fairly consistent for a given rpm and engine. The only thing that changes would be boat speed. I think it would be interesting to put tables together for various Chrysler engines. Anybody willing to share their fuel flow info.

Thanks"

"Sure:

Idle = 1 to 1.5 GPH

"Sure:

Idle = 1 to 1.5 GPH (all per 360 cube motor)

2,000 rpms (on plane) = 6 GPH

2,500 rpms = 8 1/2 GPH

2,800 = 10 GPH

3,000 = 12 GPH

Note: It takes about 3 GPH to run the motor in neutral at 3,000 rpms!

Jeff"

"440s= 16gph each at 3000 rpm.

"440s= 16gph each at 3000 rpm. I know, ouch! Thats why I spent most of the summer at 1700 rpm and 8 knots.

Dan"

"That's about what the usu

"That's about what the usual 454 burns as well, Dan.

I cringe when I see those really big yachts being sold with 454s and 496s in them instead of diesels.

Jeff"

I ran my 1977 40' Jersey D

I ran my 1977 40' Jersey Dawn with twin 440s up to Maryland from West Palm Beach and averaged 20 G.P.H. total. Most of the time a was running about 2600-2800 R.P.M. I would like to put in flo scan meters some day.

Captain Ed

"Hello

I have attached wha

"Hello

I have attached what I am getting for fuel usage on 35 ft boat with twin 440's

It might not be 100% accurate, but I think it is close.

I hope you can open the attachment below.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msexcel.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.ms-excel"">
[url=""][b]Fuelusage Concorde.xls[/b][/url] (23.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"Beautiful job on the data col

"Beautiful job on the data collection and charts. My burn numbers are almost the same per rpm, my speeds are lower because of my boats greater weight. If an engine is propped correctly these numbers don't change much from a Chev, Ford or Chrysler.

Dan"

Back