Logo

1988 or 89 Johnson 28 hp fuel ratio

eclynn1

"I recently bought an older bo

"I recently bought an older boat and it has this 28 horse johnson on it, I'm pretty sure its a 1988 year model. My question is what is the gas/oil ratio? There is a small decal on the left side of the cowling that pictures a gas pump and the number 100/ an oil can dropping 1 drop of oil. I've never ran across a 100/1 ratio before, any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance..."

"Robert, Scott is correct. I

"Robert, Scott is correct. I have an 87 with the 100:1 sticker on it.

Here is the notice from OMC...

115175.jpg
"

"Hey, thanks a lot guys. I hav

"Hey, thanks a lot guys. I have a lot of work ahead of me with this boat, but I think it will be well worth it. It has a Gruman 150BB hull with an aluminum floor(carpeted) and had wooden decks(rotten). I've pull all the wood out and have new treated plywood and carpet for the decks. I've already gone through the electrical and have it all working right, I think. We'll see once I get it running. Anyway, thanks again."

Wow Thanks Graham I just boug

Wow Thanks Graham I just bought a 14 ' aluminum boat with a 9.9 Evinrude that says 100:1 after the break in at 50:1 Its an 89 with supposedly not many hrs. I assume the bulletin covers that one also?

"Gordon, yes, applies to all t

"Gordon, yes, applies to all the mid-late 80's OMC's that came out as 100:1 mix motors.

Mixing at 50:1 I do notice a fair bit of oil fouling on the plugs, so change them annually to take care of that - but other than that, my 87 has run fine for the last 20 years....."

Back