Logo

Cadilac Alumine Boats

jimminy

Recently came into a boat whic

Recently came into a boat which has the name or remnants of it painted on the side of Cadilac not sure if this is modle or manifacture. Would like to get some history as the manifacture plate is missing believe it to be 60 vintage

"Jim, have taken a good look a

"Jim, have taken a good look around for you and can't find any reference to Cadilac (including partial spellings) as either a brand or a model, at least from the commercial builders of the past little while...."

I thank you for your efforts a

I thank you for your efforts all i have found on the net was for a fiberglass boat with no way to connect with the maker. Some one was saying it could be from the northern Michigan area but have been unable to see any reference to it. Not really important but would be nice to know a bit more about it. The name is on both sides rear and is the same style exactly so I think it was factory done.

"Jim, yes, it would be nice to

"Jim, yes, it would be nice to find out exactly what it is. There were literally hundreds of small boat builders in the 60's - jumping on the bandwagon.

Also, a number of the larger boat builders sold numerous different "lines" to various department/discount and specialty stores.

Sooner or later though, if you keep looking, you will no doubt find someone that knows or has heard of someone who knows what exactly it is that you have...

Good luck.."

Believe this boat came from th

Believe this boat came from the Mich or Minnosiota area as the reg was from Minnosota when I bought it Tried to get it from the goverment there but got no response. Sorry was unable to fiqure out how to post picture have sent to previous poster.

"Cadillac boats built both col

"Cadillac boats built both cold molded and aluminum boats. Find a copy of Bob Speltz's Vintage Runabouts to get more info. I have a copy somewhere I can dig up and make photocopies for you if you send me your email address, we can talk"

Back