Logo

Aq131 275

D

D.moradel

"Hello, removed my engine last

"Hello, removed my engine last night to replace the gimble bearings and some seals. I Noticed the rubber cushion part#804210 also needs replacement. its 50.43 +shipping. Does anyone know where I can get this part cheaper? 50+ $$ for a piece of rubber ?? c'mon. thought I'd ask. Also I want to replace the clutch plate. The flywheel looks good. My brother in-law who is mechanically inclined said I should replace it. Can I use I normal volvo
clutch plate or should I buy the marine part. Its called the "absorber". If I can is the block a 240 or 230? thanks"

"That thing looks to be a 5 do

"That thing looks to be a 5 dollar rubber "foot" that is used to mount heavy objects subject to vibration. They are available from Karman Rubber Co and several others. The isolators (mounts) are available in different rubber (shore) hardness and thread sizes. Often, they come with bolts on each end. One of the bolts can be removed. Using a propane torch, heat the bolt and knock it off against a work bench or pull off with pliers. Possible problem is they are only available in SAE threads like 5/16-18. At least, that is what I recall. They have a website."

"Hi,

1) If you think th

"Hi,

1) If you think that spending $50.43 in a Volvo Penta part is expensive, you may consider tying-up or selling immediately your current boat and buying something else, as VP parts ain't cheap. On the other hand, if you replace that part now, chances are it will last you a lifetime. Moreover, I would consider installing front mounts.

2) I don't think that both plates are compatible, but in any case I suggest you use the OEM absorber, so that you know for sure that the yoke splines, u-joints, gears etc will not be subject to undue stresses. Also, I would not replace the absorber unless it is in really bad condition.

3) The block is a B230."

Back