Logo

Fully synthetic motor oils

billgallagher

"I have been using Mobil One s

"I have been using Mobil One systhetic in my diesel engine car for many years
happy.gif
. I am assuming there is no problem using Mobil One in the Ford Lehman diesel. Comments welcomed ...TIA
Bill"

You should use crankcase oil t

You should use crankcase oil that is rated for use in diesel engines and NOT "for gasoline engines" only. It will be clearly noted on the label.

There is virtually no advantage to using syntetic oil in a reciprocating engine.

"There are four advantages of

"There are four advantages of using systhetic. Cold weather starts. Temp 0F over night and engine turns over like a warm summer day in the morning.
Engine noise is a lot quiet compared to regular oil and there is less wear on moving parts, extending oil change requirements.
My 1981 300 TD Mercedes has systhetic in engine, tranmission, and rear end. If I am easy on the foot, will get 30 mpg, same mpg rated when engine was brand new. Engine has 325,000 miles.
Is the boating industry lag behind the times? New cars have systhetic oil, but do not see it in marine indusry....

Bill
sun.gif
"

"Maybe we are not as smart as

"Maybe we are not as smart as you, Bill."

"We are all on a learning curv

"We are all on a learning curve using this forum.
thumbs_up.gif

We are all smart because we know the Ford Lehman is one of the best diesel in the world.
star.gif

Bill
wink.gif
"

"Uh, have a nice day there, Bi

"Uh, have a nice day there, Bill, ole buddy!!!!"

"20 yrs of sythetic oil use in

"20 yrs of sythetic oil use in both gas and diesel engine, and I would not use anything else. The protection and lack of wear on the engines is what I want in my engines, from motorcycles, to cars, and boats."

I have worked in Power Generat

I have worked in Power Generation predictive maintenance and operation areas since 1972. Synthetics are always used whenever possible. I even use them in my lawn mowers at home. Captain Bob

Back