Logo

Setting screw under Eska carb float bowl

B

Brandon Bender

"this is for the carb on my 7h

"this is for the carb on my 7hp sears motor.

just tore this carb down and replaced everything, and i need to know where to start the screw thats under the float bowl... called the "power adjustment screw" according to the directions that came with the rebuild kit.

also, any other things i'm overlooking? ran good before a sediment clog in the fuel screen, but i took the screw all the way outta the threads to replace the oring.

thanks!!!"

"Brandon, I have lent out my T

"Brandon, I have lent out my Tecumseh manual or could give you a definate answer.

Would suggest you just give a call to a local small engine place (lawmower guy) and ask about setting that screw on a 7 horse Tecumseh engine (which is what you have there).

I'm sure they would be glad to give you the correct "starting" point for your fine adjustments."

"Hey Brandon, sorry for the la

"Hey Brandon, sorry for the late reply. If it is useful, I just looked it up in my Eska service manual (Eska made your motor for Sears), and it should be out one turn from stop. Be careful not to tighten the screw too much to start with, just go until it stops. That will get it started until you can adjust it."

Back