Logo

Stator on 40HP Mercury Tracker 4 cylinder

blecat03

"I'm having trouble identi

"I'm having trouble identifying the stator part number on an upgrade on a Tracker panfisher. The serial number on the motor is OG059842 and Mercury people keep telling me this is an invalid serial number. I bought the boat new from Bradford Marine at Lake Village, AR in 1994. They are now out of business. The number on the stator,which is faulty, is 398-818535A17. It doesn't have exposed coils but the blue wires have no ohm reading. It has the number 3263 engraved in the rubber covering the coils. Could anyone help me identify the correct stator to use?

blewcat03"

"John, I would find a new deal

"John, I would find a new dealer, that serial puched up fine for me at Mercury parts (????)

The "new" stator number for that is 398-832075A20

The OEM discount Merc dealers sell them for about 300 bucks, so you may also wish to investigate some of the aftermarket places now that you have a number to cross ref..."

"P.S., the first charater of y

"P.S., the first charater of your serial is actually a "zero", not an O - 0G059842"

Thanks for all your help. I s

Thanks for all your help. I still cannot get the number to come up. I am working with mercurymarine.com. Perhaps that is wrong. I told them the number was zero five etc. but they still rejected it. Another place said the 398-818535A17 had been replaced by the 398-832075A21 instead of the A20. The Sierra 18-5874 shows the most promise. The CDI 174-5454K1 has the wrong leads as my motor has a rectifier with five leads on bullet connectors. I still haven't ordered anything. There is no qualified repair shops in my immediate area. Thanks again and I'll pursue this situation tomorrow.

blewcat03

"We have it in stock as the Me

"We have it in stock as the Mercury Quicksilver part too, $270.53

114966.jpg
stator kit

Back