Logo

Suzuki DT 115 SN DT 11502011213 Stalling

dcacowboy

Cant find yr model yet Motor

Cant find yr model yet Motor stars fine and will idel good for ever untill fuel runs out but as soon as you try to plain out it will run approx 50 to 150 yds and dies. will start back up but as soon as you give it gas it dies. Pulling the plugs show fuel or oil fouled clean them off and back to 50 to 100 yds. any suggestion

"no, fuel comes from fuel pump

"no, fuel comes from fuel pump to carbs. I was checking aperatus on bottom carb for rests and go nothing, then checked same wires but toward the eletronic and engine rebed up real high, after a little bit the engine died and has not hit a lick since. what did i kill . thanks for any info."

sounds like a fueling issue
d

sounds like a fueling issue
does the primer bulb stay hard?
have you rebuilt the fuel pumps and carbs?

"the bulb does not stay hard a

"the bulb does not stay hard and no I havent rebuilt the carbs or fuel pump, but I did take the carbs apart and clean them good Thank you"

well since your bulb does not

well since your bulb does not stay hard
you either got a fuel pump problem or a fuel line problem

running an in-hull tank?

"yes it is an in hull fuel tan

"yes it is an in hull fuel tank,which i had out and saw no problems i could see. thanks, any ideas."

"all the lines are new. what d

"all the lines are new. what does it mean when sometimes the bulb gets hard and sometimes it does not. Seems like the fuel pump is working, or will it work intermittingly. I was told it sounds like high speed jet causing my problem and it takes a special tool to get them out what do you think, THANKS Daniel"

"if bulb goes soft

you have

"if bulb goes soft

you have an air leak somewhere in the fuel system

if it starts to die try pumping the bulb, it it picks back up fuel pump

i would rebuild the carbs just in case also

when i rebuild carbs at my shop, i always replace/rebuild fuel pumps and check lines for leaks"

"the engine runs great in the

"the engine runs great in the water drum, Its just when I take it to the water and just after it planes out it will run approx 50-100 yds and the motor starts bogging out. I can take out the plugs and clean them or replace them and it will do the same thing. I have carb kits comming but is there a fuel pump kit also i can get. THANKS Daniel"

"gee, when I look up dt115 90

"gee, when I look up dt115 90 model none of the photos look like my fuel pump dia. do you have any sugestions Part # they give is 18-7799 fuel pump kit. My dia are round these are not Thanks for any help Daniel"

"Thanks, Now when all this com

"Thanks, Now when all this comes in I can put it back together and see what happens, Thanks again Daniel"

"After putting the carb kits i

"After putting the carb kits in, an excessive amount ao smoke comes out of the exaust and the motor does not want to run at high speed and it back fires once in a while, when it does i can feel the fuel surge in the small lines going to carb. think i killed my motor or what, Thanks Daniel"

"check this out, when I discon

"check this out, when I disconnect (what i think is the tps) the motor runs great in my barral, ieal and mid speed, and reabs up to high speed. What does this do and do i really need it, help if you can Thanks Daniel"

you need to set tps

back fi

you need to set tps

back fire means you have the timing off

did you sync and link right?

"no, since i dont know what yo

"no, since i dont know what you mean when you say that, only thing Ive done was put carb kits in. motor started runinng good until i put it in the water and again as soon as i try to plain boat it loses power, at an ideal it goes good. lost?? oh yea i hooked the tps back up"

Back