Logo

Crusader 454 xl running hot and no water out of exhaust port

ronjenkinsdc

"I have no water coming out of

"I have no water coming out of my exhaust. already r/r impellars, thermostats, flushed cooling system. still running 200 degrees. one mechanic wants to replace all risers and such. the other wants to remove thermostats. i have water under my engine in bilge and can't figure where it came from. also a little tranny fluid. what gives?????"

"Hi Ron,

I don't know i

"Hi Ron,

I don't know if you are doing any of this work yourself but you might consider tracing the incoming water thru the system starting at the seacock. In doing this three weeks ago for my different problem I had noticed the flow of water was better on the starboard motor and in making a long story short, replaced the raw water pump to solve that issue. Our V-Drive has a direct line from the raw water flow and is part of the cooling system. The transmission was about 20 ounces of fluid low. MAYBE, I have another problem but so far so good. I did however circumvent a cooling problem developing by replacing the pump. Possibly your observations can help you or your mechanic locate the trouble. I know this is an over simplification but things can show up that steer your direction elsewhere...Good luck"

The most common problem is the

The most common problem is the U Cooler is blocked and stopping raw water from reaching the engine since it is located just after the raw water pump. The U Cooler is on the front of the engine just after the raw water pump.

"how do you unclog the u-coole

"how do you unclog the u-cooler, just in case this is the problem? I have already had the impellars replaced."

"I have removed them, which is

"I have removed them, which is fairly easy, and filled the raw water insides with vinegar and a little water and let them set for 3 days. You will be amazed what comes out. Then flush with a hose and you can tell if the little holes inside have been cleaned out. If they are too badly clogged it is time to replace them."

Back