Logo

Outdrive jack

"Blake
Better off to use a st

"Blake
Better off to use a std engine lifting crane to lift the legs, makes them nice and easy to move around and can be picked up pretty cheaply.
Cheers
Peter C"

i made stand out of welded iro

i made stand out of welded iron with casters so i can role the drives around. It gets them close to bolting up... then i break my back jamming them on.

"MistaHays
As I am someone wh

"MistaHays
As I am someone who has had a bad back for about the last 35 years, thats why I use an engine crane, you can pick up cheapies over here from a couple of hundred bucks and once you have one there are about 100 different things you can find to use them for.

If you dont like the idea of an engine crane, keep your eye on the shops that sell used dissability aids as there are quite a few different portable cranes that are made to help get dissabled people in and out of cars and they fold up small enough to go in the boot (trunk) of your average car, I have one of those lifters too and its great.

Cheers
Peter C"

engine crane is a great idea.

engine crane is a great idea. I just don't have one. Maybe you can ship yours to Virginia for me next time i need one. cheers.

"this winters project, i am g

"this winters project, i am going to build a couple of jacks. maybe using a cheap harbor frieght jack - extend & widen the front, small rubber tires,tilt & twist. always looking for ideas - thanks,blake"

"MistaHays

Anything for a p

"MistaHays

Anything for a price
wink.gif

Cheers"

"All good ideas but what I lik

"All good ideas but what I like is anything that will hoist/dangle the OUTDRIVE. Jacks require something/someone to hold it on the jack.

The cheapest is a tripod made of 2x4'a, 2 short legs in boat and one leg on ground with cheap come-a-long"

Back